Nice to meet you!

utahbengoshi
By utahbengoshi on Sat, Jul 9, 2016 - 2:49pm

My wife, Becky, and I are happy to join this group! Looking forward to getting to know you all point do you live in the West Jordan area to build a place of greater self-resilience. Have done some but want to take it to a whole new level. We look forward to helping each other through the learning curves. 

18 Comments

lambertad's picture
lambertad
Welcome to the group

Hi Utahbengoshi,

First of all, welcome to the group. I'm not sure anyone lives in West Jordan per se, but we do live around the Salt Lake valley and another person from the group lives up in Heber. I, personally, live in the Millcreek area. We had a get together last night and we have been trying to have a get together once a month. Keep checking back for when the next one may be and it would be awesome if you and your wife could make it. 

Adam L. 

themccarthyfarm's picture
themccarthyfarm
Welcome to the group

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the group utahbengoshi.  What kind of things have you been working on for better resilience? What kind of things do you hope to do in the future?

I just finished helping my daughter ride her horse across Utah,  She did 605 miles in 28 days.  Now I'm back and trying to get back into life on the farm again.  My 16 year old daughter has done a good job keeping things together here but there is a lot of catching up to do.

It is almost time to figure out when and were the next gathering will be. Maybe you guys have already done that.  I will through it out that we can do it here again although it is a long drive up to Heber for some of you.  I am not available Aug 11 through the 14 but before or after is good.

themccarthyfarm.com

Cheers

Ken

utahbengoshi's picture
utahbengoshi
Thanks!

Thanks.

We have been following Chris and Adam for a number of years. We had him here in May of 2015 as the keynote speaker for our Financial Ready Utah work with the State and the UT Assoc of CPAs.  He did a great job.

We are looking for property currently to build our resilient, zero-energy dream home and urban agriculture refuge.  We have A LOT to learn about how best to do this and look forward to your advice and help.

We are well underway in some of the Prosper steps and aspiring neophytes in in many more of the steps.

We look forward to meeting the group members and helping in any way we are able.

Best,

Ken I.

utahbengoshi's picture
utahbengoshi
Thanks!

We are currently looking for our dream resilience property in the Salt Lake Area. We have been following Chris and Adam for a number of years. However, we have a lot to learn!  Look forward to getting to know the group members and helping in any way we are able.

Best,

Ken I.

agregg's picture
agregg
Welcome!

Welcome, Ken I.! Perfect, now we have two Adams and two Kens. Now we just need a second Sterling! ;-)

I live in the Davis County area, and then we have one in Utah County, one in Salt Lake County, and then one in Heber City as mentioned. So we are spread out along the valley and in the mountains, which is kind of nice.

Do you think you could make it to an August gathering Ken I? Ken M, thanks for the invitation to come back to the farm next month. I personally would be very interested in having August's gathering there. 

If we are looking at doing a Saturday again, August 20th is looking most promising for me. I will be taking paid time off work due to a surgery on August 2nd and I will have the whole month off work as a result (other than August 1st). I should be recovered sufficiently by the 20th to come then, but this also means that I could come any other day of the week if the group wants to. Let me know...

Cheers,

Adam

lambertad's picture
lambertad
Next get together

Hey Everyone,

Have we decided on when the next get together is going to be? I'll be in clinic again on August 20th, but I can make it up to the farm by 6:15 or so if that is the date we choose. The 27th would be better for me, however, whatever is best for the group I'll make do with. 

Adam, hope you are recovering well from your surgery. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the slightly cooler weather of August. I'm looking forward to getting together and I'd like to try to grow some fall veggies for the first time this year, so Ken I'm sure you can point me in the right direction about how to manage that. 

Adam

agregg's picture
agregg
Thanks, Adam!

Thanks, Adam, for restarting the conversation and for your well-wishes!

I am beginning some travels starting on August 26th, so I will be unavailable between then and September 13th. I could probably do this Saturday, but I am totally fine with sitting this month out if others would prefer the 27th. If so, then I hope to see you all again in September! This might be for the best as transportation might be a bit of a challenge for me if we were to do the 20th...

Best,

Adam

themccarthyfarm's picture
themccarthyfarm
next get together

I am still up or the 20th or the 27th.  My family is gone until the 20th.  They may or may not be here that night but I think I can handle things without them just his once.  

I could cook up some home grown pork for dinner if that works for any of you.  We could move the time back to 6:30 or something later.  I stays light pretty late these days.  Let me know what works.

It may be that I am just old fashioned but I am not very good with this prosperity group thing.  It seems it would be easier and more personal if I could send you guys an old fashion email and vise versa.  My email is [email protected].  My phone is 435-640-1114.

Is there anyone else out there interested in getting together one of these evenings?

Ken M.

lambertad's picture
lambertad
September then

Let's try to plan something for September. We haven't heard from Sterling or from Ken I. and his wife about whether they would be able to make it tomorrow. If it's a stretch for Adam to make it tomorrow, then let's just not do a get together in August and instead plan one for September. 

I will e-mail Ken M. to let him know we won't be doing a get together in August. 

Adam

agregg's picture
agregg
Sounds good

Sounds good, Adam. Thanks for emailing Ken M. for us. I am hoping to see y'all in September. In the meantime, take care...

Best,

Adam G. :)

utahbengoshi's picture
utahbengoshi
We're heading to

We're heading to Pagosa Springs this week to check out the Growing Spaces Dome Greenhouses this coming week. Interested to get together. Timing will be key.

my email is [email protected]

Ken

agregg's picture
agregg
Enjoy

Enjoy, Ken I.!

Hope we can see you next month...

Best,

Adam G.

Sterling Cornaby's picture
Sterling Cornaby
I am awake

What are thoughts on a get together?  

agregg's picture
agregg
I would love to

I would love to meet up again soon as long as I can make it work. What about the 24th?

Sterling Cornaby's picture
Sterling Cornaby
I cant make it on the 24 of

I cant make it on the 24 of September

agregg's picture
agregg
No worries

No worries. Perhaps we should proactively start planning for October then so we don't miss another month? What Saturdays in October work for you?

lambertad's picture
lambertad
Saturdays in October

Hey guys, can we try to shoot for Saturdays later on in the month of October if at all possible. My elk season starts on the 8th and I plan on hunting every weekend until I get one so the later on in the month the better for me, but let's try to figure out a date that works for everyone so if it needs to be early in the month that's okay too. 

Adam L.

agregg's picture
agregg
22nd or 29th?

I could probably do October 22nd or 29th, but I will need to get the time off work. If we do the 22nd, I will need to know within about 5 days. For the 29th, within 1 week and 5 days...

Adam G.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments