Links to Resources Mentioned At Rowe

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Mon, Apr 18, 2016 - 10:25pm

Here are the resource links we promised to send out following the seminar. If there are any others you'd like to see added to this list, just let us know.

Also, feel free to add any additional helpful links you may know of in the comments section below!

BOOKS

ARTICLES/GUIDES

19 Comments

cwwilkie's picture
cwwilkie
Intensive Reading

I've been looking forward to this reading list for 24 whole hours. Very eager to plunge into these titles and see where they take me. Thanks again for a fantastic weekend!

cwwilkie's picture
cwwilkie
Another Resource

Rebecca had mentioned Country Wisdom and Know-How: Everything You Need to Know to Live Off the Land, without remembering that cumbersome title. If you only have one book with which to greet the end of the world, let it be this one.

mememonkey's picture
mememonkey
another book mentioned sounded good

Indeed it was a great conference!  Now begins the work of assimilating and processing the insights gained.

Chris mentioned Sex at Dawn, had some remarkable insights into some of the origins of our unconscious behaviors.  I'm always interested in the monkey mind!

mememonkey

codekiln's picture
codekiln
For everyone interested in

For everyone interested in emotional capital, in addition to those here I would recommend Brene Brown's Daring Greatly.

darcieg76's picture
darcieg76
Would anyone like to

Would anyone like to recommend a book (or three) that would be a good intro to understanding the fundamentals and language behind the financial podcasts and articles? :-D

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Oh yeah
darcieg76 wrote:

Would anyone like to recommend a book (or three) that would be a good intro to understanding the fundamentals and language behind the financial podcasts and articles? :-D

The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve (G. Edward Griffin)

darcieg76's picture
darcieg76
Thanks! Look, you changed

Thanks! Look, you changed from plane to human!

artemis's picture
artemis
Econ 101 in an Easy, Digestible Format

This may be too simplistic, but it's an excellent, illustrated introduction with all the basic terms and concepts:

How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes by Peter Schiff

Diane from Puerto Rico

sportivny's picture
sportivny
Emotional Resiliency

Good book about emotional resiliency and calming down your "monkey brain" - http://www.amazon.com/Unbeatable-Mind-Resiliency-Toughness-Succeed-ebook/dp/B00APT1C5S

darcieg76's picture
darcieg76
Thanks, Diane!

Thanks, Diane!

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12
My favorite book on women's spirituality

Could not go to Rowe though I have been to 2 other seminars. I love the list here and plan on reading the book on developmental trauma.

Dr. Estes is interesting. She was raised byeuropean jewish WW II survivors and mexican americans and many others in the Michigan wilderness, people she says were "completely self sustaining, never need to spend another dime to live".  She definitely has walked the walk and still does despite her gargantuan success as a writer.

So her perspectives are relevant to me. She is a Jungian and her book on women's spirituality was quite the deal back in the day and her facebook page is priceless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Wolves-Clarissa-Pinkola-Est%C3%A9s/dp/034540...

https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Clarissa-Pinkola-Estes-29996683634/

Becca Martenson's picture
Becca Martenson
for support with your emotional resilience

Hello all-

If any of you are interested in getting some support with developing your emotional resilience, I wanted to provide a link to my website which describes the services I provide in this area.  One of my favorite things is to help people make life decisions that emerge from an alignment of head, heart, will and spirit.  Feel free to reach out to me via e mail- [email protected].  

http://www.beccamartenson.com/

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Darcie - on financial language...

I would love to comment on your questions.. could you be more specific as to which particular words, concepts, acronyms, etc., are in question?  I have worked hard for my own sanity over the last 10 years or so trying to decode all of this and bring it down to earth.. would love to talk about it in more detail. 

In economics, hope and faith coexist with great scientific pretension and also a deep desire for respectability. John Kenneth Galbraith
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_kenneth_galbraith_2.html
darcieg76's picture
darcieg76
Hey, Jim-- Let me start

Hey, Jim--

Let me start jotting down stuff while I'm reading and listening to podcasts, and I'll get back to you. Thanks! :-)

Frith Garth's picture
Frith Garth
Authenticity

Thank You all for another great weekend in Rowe. A common thread I heard Adam repeat a number of times was "living an Authentic life". I attended a Rowe conference tilted the same in early 2015 presented by Dr. Maria Sirois. If you have any doubts about last weekends conference please look into a conference on authenticity and also Beca`s information on resiliency. They will both move your life forward with confidence towards Peak Prosperity!

Paul

codekiln's picture
codekiln
Would anyone like to

I like Kahn Academy's section on Finance and Capital Markets, which is within their even broader Economics and Finance section of lessons. 

artemis's picture
artemis
The Reality Check

Several folks at the conference recommended a book, I believe it was called "The Reality Check" written by an ex-military guy about how an apocalypse might realistically play out. I did not write down the author's name and can't locate the book. Does anyone know? Thanks!

sportivny's picture
sportivny
Thre Earth Abides

Also enjoyed this fiction a great deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Abides-George-R-Stewart-ebook/dp/B0042JSMQ4

jacques lamour's picture
jacques lamour
Book

Hello- I believe the book you are referring to is Grid Down Reality Bites by Bruce 'Buckshot' Hemming and Sara Freeman.

It is a fairly descriptive view of what happens when everything breaks down from a military perspective. Let's hope it never gets as bad as it is portrayed in this book. 559 pages

Hope this helps.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments