24/7 Base load alternative energy power production

collinar
By collinar on Wed, Apr 6, 2016 - 8:29am

I would like to get your opinion on this offering. This is a clean, fuel-less, energy generator that operates 24/7 long term. Unit size ranges from 5KW to 100KW. Manufacturer estimated cost of energy production is about $0.03 per kwh. Units are shipping.

Google: Rosch Innovations to see a technical description.

4 Comments

tjwilhelm's picture
tjwilhelm
Don't spend any money yet...

First off, it looks like one of your assumptions is wrong. It's not 5kW...it's 5MW. That's 1,000 bigger than you were thinking. Second, as soon as I see someone mention bumblebees and the laws of physics in the same sentence, I get really cautious shout their claims...emphasis on the word, really.

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
Rosch Innovations

I wouldn't roll over for this one.  I wouldn't waste the postage.  I see electrical controllers, electrical motors, and an electrical compressor.  What I don't see is the system being properly isolated from an external power supply (grid).  What I don't see or  hear from the video is anything worth a patent.  Where is the engineering?  Where is the diagram that demonstrates the energy that is produced by this 'solution?'  The chain drive is cute, but again indicates nothing to me.

I'm going to make coffee now powered by the sun, or powered from microhydro, or powered from the wind (oops no wind today).   ;-)

silvervarg's picture
silvervarg
Another perpetuum mobile

There is usually a couple of new devices that claims to defy the known physics laws of energy generation every year. It has been like that for the last 200 years.

This one claims that they produce about 3 times more electricity out than they put in.

What I can see is essentially:

1 air compressor (quite a bit of energy losses here).

1 air compressor driven motor (a bit of energy losses here)

A couple of gears that turn really slowly, so energy losses should be relatively small.

A claim that we produce 3 times as much energy and we dump this energy in a water tank as this is just a demonstration.

A few control panels with semi-secret electronics.

A "hidden" tower that likely contains a normal electric generator and some balancing weights.

All filmed with very poor quality.

What we don't see:

How much input energy do we really use?
It seems likely that the claim of 4.2kW is reasonable.

Do we really transfer 12 kW of energy in this system?
From what we can see it seems very unlikely that we transfer that much.
A wild guess would be in the range of a few hundred watts or a few percent of the claim judging from the chain tensions and speed of rotation.

How much energy do we put out in the water heaters?
If it was close to the 12 kW they claim the water would heat up quite rapidly much in the same way as you see with your electric water kettle heating your tea water in the morning, with close to the same kind of noises. Unfortunately it seems to lack all that.

Perhaps all they did accomplish was to build a big, noisy and really inefficient water heater.

Bytesmiths's picture
Bytesmiths
Wrong section

It seems this doesn't belong in the "Alternative energy" section, but rather, in the "Alternative reality" section. :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments