Connections

davey runner
By davey runner on Sun, Mar 20, 2016 - 10:44am

Hi all,

I am interested in allotments, investments around PM's, Bitcoin/Altcoins etc, avoiding negative interest rates if they ever arrive here.

Politics, who should we vote for ? Should we be in or out of EU?

Is any body using crypto currencies and what platforms have you found useful.

I ahve tried a few and found ANX to be good. They are one platform that I have a bitcoin card account with for use in ATM's.

For PMs i have used The Real Asset company for allocated gold and silver, has anyone used any different compaines for either of these?

If we share what we are up to in relation to creating /storing wealth and prospering from creating stronger communities this forum might liven up a bit! 

Who knows...

Dave

7 Comments

farhud's picture
farhud
connections

Hi Dave, 

I dont really have much useful info as a response to you but just wanted to give u a heads up that others in the UK are likeminded!

Re allotments, Hugh Fearnley WS has a facebook page on landshare, connecting people who dont have land with people who do and who are prepared to "lend" some of their land in exchange for veg grown there.

Re altcoins, bitcoin or etherieum poss startcoin am not an expert

Re precious metals I focus on silver one oz coins just simply for exchange in extremis and also british sovereigns as investment. I used to have gold eagles etc but realised that the more they gather value in the future the more we will lose to capital gains tax unlike with sovereigns. Very interesting article on this by Daniel Amerman http://danielamerman.com/va/GoldTaxes.html

Re stronger communities the more i have looked into this the more i truly believe what Dmitry Orlov says that really only family/extended family works in real hard times (such as what is happening in the ukraine right now), and that the "communities" that will survive/thrive are not the respectable kindly transition types but ones that would currently be regarded as not socially acceptable. 

Re the EU I am puzzled that the arguments are all economic (has the EU been good for Greece, Spain, Italy - what about the bank deposit thefts in Cyprus?) and fundamentally believe that unaccountable power will spawn utter corruption. We were able to bring our MPs to some sort of justice over the expenses scandal, could we do that with EU bureaucrats? 

All the best!

edmundjohnson's picture
edmundjohnson
Connections

Hi Dave and Farhud,

Thank you for sharing, it's good to know there are others out there in the UK.  That article on gold taxes and inflation is food for thought for any investment. Thanks for the ANX recommendation, I'll check it out as I'm interested in Bitcoin but haven't got round to getting any yet.  I've been focussing on PMs, britannia coins to avoid CGT as Farhud said. I also got some silver which is held in Guernsey, so no VAT is due (unless delivery is taken); though not having it to hand concerns me slightly.

If anyone knows of any websites in the style of peakprosperity, but with a UK focus, I'd love to hear about them.  All the best, and keep in touch,

Edmund

farhud's picture
farhud
UK focus

Hi Edmund,

there is nothing, NOTHING quite like peak prosperity but take a look at this site www.preppersshop.co.uk

and also get in touch with your local transition town in case they do anything you might be interested in - a couple of years ago several transition groups got together for a day to pack mylar bags with beans and oats!

Markhemp's picture
Markhemp
Stronger communities

I agree with Farhud and Dmitry Orlov, when the SHTF LOOK OUT, the thought of young hungry men with hungry families frightens me.

Your allotment will be there second place to call, one of the things i have learned eventually is to keep my mouth shut and keep my activities low profile.

99% of people are deep in the Matrix this includes friends and family, they do not want to hear your or my crap.

Let them watch football or 24 or whatever and don't bore them.

peter31's picture
peter31
Good on yer mates

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, there are other like minded UK based folks out there.  I don't have many words of wisdom to add, just that I am collecting PMs, and I am deliberately trying to make my collection varied partly so that I can educate my family when the time comes (still deep in The Matrix, unfortunately) as to what PMs actually look like, e.g. "this is what a Canadian 1 oz silver round looks like, this is what a 1 oz gold wafer looks like, this is what a Krugerrand looks like" etc.

Good luck, Peter

Markhemp's picture
Markhemp
Vat free Silver

celticgold.eu is a very good site in my opinion, take a look, I have also used bullionbypost no complaints. Been re-educating my-self for five years now it's amazing what info is out on the net

I have been sorting my garden out for 15 months now and have been using Charles Dowding's no dig method and it has worked very well for me I have built raised beds filled with well rotted manure and they are very productive. Keep chickens i have 6. I'm hoping this year will be even better than last production wise. I would love a couple of female Goats for milk but that's a big step commitment wise. Looking at Poly tunnels at the moment but they are a grand and not sure if they are worth it but they do extend the season. I'm lucky I have a reasonably large private garden with a stream at the bottom. This Prepping business is addictive and expensive but when I'm in the garden I feel on a high!!, I bought Gold bullion in 2011 not a good year to invest! at least I still have it. another thing "if you don't hold it you don't own it"!!. Looking at Blockchain - Etherieum  great info on this site from mrees.

Canning my own food too had to send off to America for it as it's not something us Brits do even though we produce Kilner jars.

some good books: Dare to Prepare - Holly Drennan Deyo. Charles Dowdings Vegetable Course. the Ball Complete book of Home Preserving. Storey's guide to Raising Dairy Goats. can't lay my hands on my Poly Tunnel book at the moment, hope some of this helps anyone who is interested.

Mark

Markhemp's picture
Markhemp
(No subject)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments