Old Farmer's Almanac Seed Starting & Planning Date Calculator

Wendy S. Delmater
By Wendy S. Delmater on Sun, Jan 24, 2016 - 4:04pm

Free! When to plant what in your area; when to start it indoors and when to move the starts outside. If you want to get a jump on your garden you can find indoor planting dates for things in your area of the USA here. Just click here and input your location.

According to the Old Farmer's Almanac seed starting calendar I can start planting, indoors, my bunching onions. So I did. (Those are the green onions or pencil onions you get at the supermarket.) Celery and various other things Feb. 1.  When will you start your seeds indoors?

2 Comments

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Options a-plenty

Thanks for this, Wendy!

Looks like I can already get going on starts for a whole number of veggies. That's one of the nicest benefits of the long growing season we have here in northern California :)

I notice the FA table lists "Moon-favorable dates". A lot of people out here also use the Gardening by the Moon calendar. Have you had any good/bad/other experience taking moon dates into account in your planting?

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Gardening by the moon?

New one on me, Adam. I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip and glad you liked the resource I listed.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments