Active group members....

epgelinas
By epgelinas on Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - 2:48pm

Howdy all,

I am Erik, live in Manchester, NH with my wife and 2 kids. We may be moving to Tennessee next year, or at the very least out of the city, but either way I need to get better connected. I have been somewhat of a "prepper" for a few years now and need to work more on the community aspect. My immediate neighborhood doesn't offer much more than a quick hello, and I'm hoping to find some like minded friends in the area.

Just curious if someone else from the group is still active.

Erik

6 Comments

Stabu's picture
Stabu
Here's one

I started this group maybe 6 months ago. To my disappointment, most Peak Prosperity groups seem to be almost dead. I live a half a hour away from Manchester. I'm pretty well connected. I'll be happy to arrange a Meetup if you're up to it. It would of course be open to everyone in this group.

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Not there yet

Don't leave us out.  We're planning to retire to the Manchester region in 3-1/2 years and make at least one trip up there every year becoming acquainted with the area and learning about what constitutes a good deal on real estate.  We'll definitely be up again in Sept and would like to meet some of you guys.

Tom

Thorkil's picture
Thorkil
Im here

Hey Erik, I live about 25 minutes north of Manchester (between Concord and Manchester) I would be interested in connecting and growing this community.

Thorkil's picture
Thorkil
Where is all the action?

Hi Stabu, we just moved to NH (Bow). Peak groups don't seem active, are there any other groups you know of in the area that we can join to start meeting like minded people? Maybe starting a meetup is a good idea.

Cheers,

T

epgelinas's picture
epgelinas
Howdy.

Hey all,

Glad to see there was some response, however I am going to be moving in the near future to rural Tennessee. This is going to be my last miserable winter in the cold... then it'll be longer growing season and livestock for this guy.

This sure has been a tough area to meet up in, but I have found a couple "prepping" type friends that are about sustainable living as opposed to being all militant. I will recommend this page to them for sure!

Good luck to all!

Erik

Stabu's picture
Stabu
There's the FSP

Thorkil,

I'll be happy to meet with you if you're ever interested. I'm about 15 mins from Concord and 30 mins from Manchester.

The closest really active group that I know of that is somewhat concerned around many of the same issues than Peak Prosperity is the Free State Project (google). It's a libertarian organization, so they tend to be rather ignorant/irrelevant about the environment, but they are very concerned about the economy and energy (although indirectly, they don't tend to believe in peak oil). They also share the survivalist attitude many in here do and are of course very concerned about our liberties. Just a thought.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments