Community

deathsgrip
By deathsgrip on Mon, Nov 9, 2015 - 8:50pm

How active is everyone on this site? Has anyone gotten together? I want to propose a community where we can at first exchange research and ideas and be on the same level of preparedness as one another and then move forward from there. 

8 Comments

mutschler's picture
mutschler
community

Hi Deathsgrip,

We have met a few times for beers and talked about getting a picnic going last summer but it never happened, as far as I know.

It seems that most of us are at different levels of preparedness but everyone is busy and this group seems low on the urgency list of daily life.

Meeting others with the same world-view is refreshing and heartening so if you want to propose another meetup, I am game.

Mark

PdeB's picture
PdeB
I second that.

Welcome aboard, Deathsgrip. I second Mark's suggestion. Throw a time and location out there and see who you get. With my full family and work life, I'm limited on when and where I can meet up but would love to make it happen if I can.

Paul

Jared's picture
Jared
Meetup in Portland soon

I use Meetup.com a lot for both finding and organizing events that I'm interested in. I can set up a group on there for "Portland Prosperity". It might allow for more exposure and better attendance since the site is well organized and suited for those who like to casually browse. Because it's Portland, a brewpub naturally makes a lot of sense for a venue. I feel like keeping it to one location will help with consistency and attendance, ditto for dates and times. Hell, just once a month would be nice for starters. We could also do a spot like Powell's or any number of libraries.

Any thoughts on this from the group? I look forward to connecting with some PDX area locals and discussing typical PP matters. I'm happy to help or lead organization efforts, as well.

mutschler's picture
mutschler
Portland meetup

Our Portland Group has been very lax at getting together.  I have met with several members over the last 6 years only three times.  My guess is that as busy as everyone seems to be, a regular monthly meet up would not be very well attended.  Please take the lead on instructing the group how to use the Meetup.com site and I will try to come to them.

Mark

Bina's picture
Bina
Pdx meetup

Meetup is a great platform to get the word out. I'll be looking for it! Thanks!

Bina's picture
Bina
Pdx meetup

Meetup is a great platform to get the word out. I'll be looking for it! Thanks!

Jared's picture
Jared
New Group Started on Meetup.com for Portland OR!

Hi All,

Sooo, I meant to start a Meetup group this past summer and just whiffed on it. My bad. However, as of today, Peak Prosperity Portland is LIVE! Here's the link: https://www.meetup.com/Peak-Prosperity-Portland/

For those of you new to Meetup.com, it's fairly straightforward. To join the PPP group, you'll have to create an account. Meetup.com can also link your Facebook account (and perhaps some other social media sites) and just port over all the relevant data. It's all basic stuff and free to join. 

As for our first meet up, I propose Hopworks Urban Brewery in SE Portland. It has good parking, plenty of space inside, decent food and (of course) beer. I also feel their business model and aspirations (certified B Corp) are fitting for us at Peak Prosperity. As for the date, well, I'm open to suggestions. This being the holiday season, I know it's more challenging than ever. But, my aim would be to get one meeting in before Christmas. Any takers? Potentially a M-F, start at 5:30/6 and pencil in 1 hour for the initial gathering? I'm open to any time between Dec 1 and Dec 22. As for Jan 2017 and beyond, it would be great to have a monthly meet up, with the option to expand to more frequency as we grow.

One caveat: hosting a Meetup group on the site is not free, but I gladly paid the fee for 6 months worth of premium space and promotion on Meetup.com. I'm certainly not asking or expecting any reimbursement on this, but only mention it as a token of my commitment to us getting this group off the ground. Ideally, 6 months is all we would need to build a committed, core group of PP members in Portland and can perhaps grow via word of mouth. Even so, we could stay on Meetup.com and figure out the finances later.

Lastly, l'm very excited about meeting other PP members and starting something great in the Rose City! Please feel free to go straight to the link and sign up, and/or chime in on this thread. Take care and I look forward to meeting you all soon!

-Jerrod

Jared's picture
Jared
Meetup in Portland - first outing now has date/time/place!!

Hi everyone,

I've posted the first Meetup on the site, for Dec 13th at Hopworks Urban Brewery at 6pm https://www.meetup.com/Peak-Prosperity-Portland/events/235942062/

If you have a conflict, no big deal, we'll have another just a few weeks from then in January. But, if you can make it out and say hi and enjoy a pint with us, please come on down! Mutschler and I have RSVP'd and I look forward to seeing a few more of you join us in a couple of weeks. 

-Jerrod

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments