Community

blongfield
By blongfield on Sat, Aug 29, 2015 - 10:30am

My family and I are interested in buying land in CO to gradually begin the process toward a more sustainable and resilient lifestyle.  Does anyone have any input on the best places to look for land in like-minded communities?

2 Comments

campusk's picture
campusk
Land in Colorado

I am a realtor in Colorado and a 4th Generation native.  I like the western slope of the rockies for what you are looking for.  The area around Paonia and Hotchkiss have some wonderful growing environments and some very good sustainable farms.  I also like the area around LaJunta which is more farm land and not as mountainous.  Give me a call if you would like to discuss.   303-900-3166.

mpredmore's picture
mpredmore
Colorado Land

The area around Montrose is also becoming like minded. I have family that have just recently moved there. They are really enjoying it. The shop in either Grand Junction, or Montrose.

I have lived in the mountains of Colorado for 40+ years, and I think the Western slope is a good option.

Good luck on your search!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments