Peak Prosperity/Rowe 2015 Anthem

SingleSpeak
By SingleSpeak on Mon, Apr 27, 2015 - 3:40pm

I wrote and recorded this anthem for all of us working to create a world worth inheriting:

Hope you enjoy it!

Larry

14 Comments

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Stupendous!

and Fantastic Larry!  I found myself writing down the lyrics at one point;

When oil was cheap and easy, we did some crazy things

We built cities in the desert and we lived like Kings

Now it's slowly disappearing and it won't be coming back

No matter how deep we drill, no matter how far we Frack.

Hear, Hear!

I wish you millions of hits on YouTube.  It was great to meet you at Rowe. 

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Anthem (and Rowe)

Mind blown, Larry. MindBlown.

Really great to meet you as well.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Honored!

Larry,

What a great work of art and such obvious talent!  I am honored, as is our entire community.

Best,
Chris M.

Quercus bicolor's picture
Quercus bicolor
we have an anthem now!

Wow Larry.  I love it!  And done professionally so I can share it widely.

It was a pleasure to meet you and to sit in the music circle with you on Saturday night.

Steve

bcolema's picture
bcolema
wow!

wonderfully done....lyrics, music, tracks, video.....all you?  Thanks for the inspiration.  Fun meeting and playing this weekend.  Next time, a live performance of this!  Bill

RiverWind's picture
RiverWind
Amazing !

Thank you Larry. Gorgeous composition. It was great to meet you during our breakout sessions!

Here's to more music :)

Patricia

Quercus bicolor's picture
Quercus bicolor
new posters

I'm glad to see you two new posters who came home and got yourself a screen name the day after you got home.  I'm recording your screen names on the roster so I don't lose track of who you are. 

Welcome.

Steve

Mark Cochrane's picture
Mark Cochrane
Simply awesome

Larry,

Your anthem speaks more clearly and connects more emotionally than reams of text. I have no idea how you managed to distil so much so quickly but you've captured lightning in a bottle.

Mark

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak
Can I get an Amen?

First, I'm glad y'all seem to like the tune. Although if I couldn't get an "Amen" from you guys, on this site, I might have had to just throw in the towel. (Except that's not in my nature.)

It's just a little donation that I can make from my training and knowledge as a small payback for what Chris and all of you have shared with me from your training and knowledge. It's like barter, they can't tax this sh-t, ........yet. angry

bcolema (Bill) - It was all me (guitars, vocals, organ, shaker, bass, chimes, congas in last verse) except the drums, which were superbly performed by a former guitar student of mine that picked up playing drums by listening and doing. 

I did the video editing but didn't spend too long on that because I really just wanted to get song (audio) done, and the video was an after thought (and I suck at it).

At the last minute, right before Rowe, I was thinking how am I going to share an mp3 with a wide audience and decided to go the video route instead. So we (my former student and I) filmed Sunday and I did most of the editing that night.

I first posted it on youtube on Monday and let Chris and Adam see it. Tuesday was travel-to-the-East-Coast day. I remastered the audio for better overall EQ and volume and reposted it Wednesday. We didn't find time to play it at Rowe so Adam thought this would be a good forum.

Share freely!

SS aka Larry

newharbor's picture
newharbor
Very nicely done!

Larry...what a great job!   Your talents are the perfect vessel to deliver this message.  Nice meeting you, and thanks for your part in the Saturday night jam session!

The guys @ newharbor

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Much appreciation

I want to thank you all for being apart of my life.   Even those of you that I never spoke to directly effected me by your presence and the shared understandings and discussions.

The most difficult part of the "4E" story we are leaning about is the emotional effects on me.  How do I bear this knowing.

One anecdote:

I have the fear that, as an outspoken political dissident, that I will die in a hail of gun fire as a SWAT team blasts through my front door.  (This is not an idle fear.  It is based on my thoughtful understanding of the kind of social changes being engineered now.)

A comment:  "I'm afraid the police will knock on my door and say 'We have been looking for you.' "

Another's responses:  "They don't knock any more."

Everyone:  lots of laughter.

In that simple exchange I understood that the room was full of people who see this trend.  Smart people, good people, informed, perceptive, creative people -- all who notice that soldiers are blasting through people's front doors and that WE are likely to be targets.  My sense of being isolated and "crazy" was greatly lessened.  My concern for this outcome is was not changed by this exchange, but I am bearing it more easily.

I also appreciate the work Becca is doing, especially, a psychologist working with people to contain and manage the effects of this "pre-traumatic stress disorder."  (Thanks for a great word, Time2Help.)

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Grateful as well
sand_puppy wrote:

The most difficult part of the "4E" story we are leaning about is the emotional effects on me.  How do I bear this knowing.

It truly does feel like the weight of the world on your shoulders at times, yes?  You are most definitely not alone.

sand_puppy wrote:

My sense of being isolated and "crazy" was greatly lessened.  My concern for this outcome is was not changed by this exchange, but I am bearing it more easily.

Hey, on the bright side - going out that way would definitely beat a two year struggle with cancer.  A personal favorite on the subject of death:

Tecumseh wrote:

"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

jeff.oconnor's picture
jeff.oconnor
Wingsmoker

Larry,

Thank you for "wrapping up the weekend" with your anthem.  I share many of the expressions of previous commentators and would like to add that talented, thoughtful and educated people shared the weekend with me proves to me that, my circle of friends and family, are the clueless, not me.

Sharing Peak Prosperity,

JJ

Stabu's picture
Stabu
Nicely Done!

Larry,

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciated your song. Maybe you can make an entire album on the PP topics and find a new avenue to sell this important message to the masses.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments