Lunch meeting in Downtown Portland

PdeB
By PdeB on Mon, Jan 19, 2015 - 2:14am

Hi All,

I'm checking to see if anyone works downtown (or otherwise close in/inner east-side) and would be interested in meeting up for lunch, maybe regularly if it works out. I can't do after work due to family responsibilities but can coordinate a lunch if there's interest.

It would be great to have another opportunity to share info about prepping, discuss recent articles, and whatever else is top of mind. Relaxed, inexpensive or even a brown-bag, and just over the lunch hour.

Let me know and I'll work on making it happen.

Paul

22 Comments

Sleepdoc's picture
Sleepdoc
Meeting

Lunch is tough for me most days. 

Fridays, or Wed for a late lunch may be possible.  (Say 1230 or 1)

Dan

richcabot's picture
richcabot
Meeting

I would be interested in trying it out.  I'm in LO so the downtown location is the hassle for me but it's not that bad during the middle of the day.

PdeB's picture
PdeB
PP Lunch

Hi Dan and Rich,

Good to hear from you. A Wednesday late lunch would work for me. In addition, I know I said after work is not an option but I've got flexibility in my day where I could go in early and get off early, say 4pm. Does a 4-5pm happy hour work better for either or both of you? Of course downtown is not a great place to be at 5pm, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

And if only two of us could get together at any one time, that's fine too :-)

I'll PM both of you my email so we can talk closer to real time.

Paul

solana314's picture
solana314
PP lunch

I live in Beaverton but I could come sometimes to downtown with my almost 4 year old daughter who's really well-behaved.  Lunchtime would work best for me since at 4 or 5 my other 3 children are home from school and it would be tough to bring all of them.  As a tightwad, I'd probably bring my own lunch.

Thanks, 
Solana

PdeB's picture
PdeB
PP Lunch or Park!

Bringing your daughter would be fine with me, Solana. But if it is hard to do lunch - and I don't know why I didn't think about it before - those of us with young kids (and those of us that are kids at heart) could get together at a park on the weekend if the weather is decent. I've got three (7, 5 and 2) that I need to get out for a good run around anyway. We live in NE but can easily travel to Beaverton (or just about anywhere in the Metro area). Just another possibility.

Solana - I'll PM you my email since I'm not on PP as often as I check my mail.

solana314's picture
solana314
I'd be open to a Saturday

I'd be open to a Saturday afternoon get together at a park too once in a while.  Then we could all bring our families.  Or maybe some lunches in PDX sometimes and some Saturdays sometimes, maybe varying locations for various people in the area.

PdeB's picture
PdeB
PP Lunch or Park

Sounds good, Solana. PM me contact info and I'll send you, Rich and Dan an email to first coordinate a lunch and we'll go from there if there's interest.

Paul

PdeB's picture
PdeB
Lunch - March 4th, 1-2pm, near Portland Art Museum

Rich and I set a lunch date for March 4th at 1pm. We haven't picked a place yet but we'll be meeting near the Portland Art Museum. Everyone is welcome, just let us know so we can keep an eye out for you.

Paul

Sleepdoc's picture
Sleepdoc
I'll try to make it.   Dan

I'll try to make it.  

Dan

PdeB's picture
PdeB
Great conversation!

Thanks richcabot and TerryL for the great conversation!

I have to apologize to TerryL and anyone else who made it to the Behind the Museum Cafe only to find nobody there! I made the assumption that the cafe in the back of the museum was said location but it isn't, it's across the street! So sorry if anyone was stood up.

We will be getting together again next month to continue the conversation and I promise to get the location right.

More to come.

Paul

butterworths's picture
butterworths
Is there any chance you guys

Is there any chance you guys might meet after 5pm or so in the future? I live in Beaverton and it's really hard to get downtown for lunch on a weekday. I'd love to connect with you guys though.

Thanks,

Tyler

PdeB's picture
PdeB
Happy hour is a good idea!

Hi Tyler,

I'm not usually available after work due to wanting to get home and see my kids before they go off to bed. But given enough lead time, I might be able to plan to attend the first part of a 5pm get together.

I bet there are others in the Portland Prosperity group that are in your situation though, and an evening gathering would be better. Do you want to coordinate a happy hour and see who bites? I get the impression that there are several PPers on the West Side, maybe a lunch or happy hour in Beaverton? I might be able to do lunch if it's not too far off the Max line.

Also, Solana and I talked about having a park day for those of us with kids. Just a thought if you're in that boat.

Would you be willing to throw something out there for the rest of us to weigh in on?

Paul

mutschler's picture
mutschler
Picnic meeting

It is nice to see some activity in the Portland group. Several of us started a Resiliency group in West Linn that meets monthly. We just had a discount fruit plant / tree sale that was very successful.
If someone sets up a meeting in Beaverton, we would try to come.

ChandOne's picture
ChandOne
I'm in Hillsboro and would

I'm in Hillsboro and would also be interested in meeting up. 

I'm thrilled to find other Portland people on this site, and would definitely enjoy hearing what others have done to build resiliency

PdeB's picture
PdeB
West Linn Resiliency meeting

Nice work, Mark!

When and where is the meeting? Is it open to everyone? Is it ok if young kids are present?

Paul

butterworths's picture
butterworths
Hi Paul & others, There's a

Hi Paul & others,

There's a nice, relatively new brewpub in Beaverton called Brannon's on Cedar Hills Blvd that might be a good place to meet. They have happy hour until 6pm Monday - Friday. I would propose 5pm on Wednesday 3/25, but I'm flexible too. Any takers?

I don't have kids, but I wouldn't rule out a park day either. Sounds fun.

Excited to meet you guys!

mutschler's picture
mutschler
meetup

Wednesday March 25th at Brannons works for me as I have no kids at home any longer but I come from the East side of Portland and it would be tough to get there before 6pm. 

I guess I will have to pay full price for my beer.

My cell phone is 503 349 9629 in case anyone wants to get in touch outside of this forum. The Resiliency Organization of West Linn has a website if anyone is interested: ROWL.org.

Mark

PdeB's picture
PdeB
Good opportunties to connect

Tyler - I won't be able to make the 25th but I hope I can catch you guys at the next one.

Mark -  Thanks for the Resiliency Organization of West Linn link! Looks like the group has some fun things going on.

I'll be posting a downtown lunch date for late March to mid April soon. I know it's a ways away but this is a busy time of year for me.

Also, for those of you on the East Side, Terry L and I will be finding some time during an upcoming weekend (or Spring Break) to hang out. PM me if you're interested in joining us!

Paul

Sleepdoc's picture
Sleepdoc
I will try to make that. 

I will try to make that.  Some friends in town, but they may be leaving the day before. I will see.

I hope to make it and finally meet you.

Dan

Sleepdoc's picture
Sleepdoc
I will try to make that. 

I will try to make that.  Some friends in town, but they may be leaving the day before. I will see.

I hope to make it and finally meet you.

Dan

butterworths's picture
butterworths
So correct me if I'm wrong,

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like so far we have Mark, Dan, and myself for Happy Hour meetup at Brannon's in Beaverton on Wednesday, 3/25 (~5ish).

Any other takers?

Tyler
503-776-0472

PdeB's picture
PdeB
Create an Event

Hey Tyler,

When you create an event, it gets front page play in the "New Groups Discussion" section on the bottom of the page. My sense is that most of the Portland Prosperity crew doesn't come to the group page very often but might have a chance to see it listed as an event.

Do me a favor and have an extra beer in my name - hopefully I'll be able to make it next time.

Paul

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments