Weird Al Creates A Video For the Tin Foil Hat Crowd

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 12:45pm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's The Lighter Side Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community shares light-hearted and inspirational material to keep us from getting too serious about life. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

14 Comments

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
:)

Swweeet!

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
Hat design

I can't tell if he is using a single layer of foil on the hat or double? Would appreciate help from anyone with experience. 

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Hat design

That's such a '70s style; so outdated. The latest is much more streamlined and also insulated for use in colder weather. Also, a paint job is standard on newer models with a variety of options; camouflage is preferred by the more serious survivalist/conspiracy theorist.

DennisC's picture
DennisC
heavy duty foil recommended

Try to use foil at least 0.9 mil thickness or greater, and fold twice for the best protection.  Most heavy duty (grocery store) foils will be within this specification.   Also, try to keep your cell phone isolated when not in use.  A microwave oven works pretty well (while not on, of course).  Hope this helps.

This is a must read, how to guide: http://www.amazon.com/Protect-Yourself-Mind-Control-Brines-ebook/dp/B005...

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Mine is

Mine is made from a hard hat wrapped in a disposable turkey roaster.  Very chic. 

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Oh man...

...should have put down the wine before I watched that ;-)

Quercus bicolor's picture
Quercus bicolor
Tin Foil Hat

Could someone please explain where the tin foil hat thing comes from? 

DennisC's picture
DennisC
It's mind control, man, all about mind control...man

And then we have an alternate perspective:

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/01/tinfoil-hats-actually-amplify.html

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Retail theft bags

Ambitious retail theft artists line the inside of canvas shopping bags with aluminum foil at home and take them "shopping".  The aluminum foil blocks the RFID tags attached to merchandise from being detected by the sensors placed by all the exits.  When they walk out with stolen merchandise the alarm doesn't sound. I don't know about aluminum foil's effect on brain control waves...

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Not required.

I don't know about aluminum foil's effect on brain control waves...

There are some who don't need a tin foil hat at all:

if-i-only-had-a-brain.gif

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Quercus bicolor wrote: Could
Quercus bicolor wrote:

Could someone please explain where the tin foil hat thing comes from? 

Some claim it came from a Julian Huxley story. There's a tinfoil hat soapbox I could preach from. Sirs Huxley. Hmmph.

WH's picture
WH
Thank you for sharing

A week or so ago I saw Weird Al had new videos and was intending to look them up. Never did. This is the first one I've seen. It's very funny! Thank you helping to put a smile on my face. :)

ommm's picture
ommm
Not so funny to those who have been affected

I understand the humor in this video but at the same time, it also contributes to the marginalization of individuals who question the status quo and are dismissed with the label, "conspiracy theorist".  I needn't remind you how so many conspiracy theories have turned out to be conspiracy facts (thank you, Edward Snowden and others).

For example, Bill Casey, former director of the CIA, died from a brain tumor (or more accurately, was taken out, courtesy of repeated long distance exposure from a MASER).  Intelligence history is rife with examples of similar kinds of actions.  For example, from the link below:

"The 1970s brought a darker side to the story, with the news that the Russians were microwaving the US embassy in Moscow. One third of the staff eventually died of cancer from this microwave irradiation."

Do some reading about psychotronic and "Voice of God" weaponry as well as microwave induction of severe psychoses and you'll realize this is not a joking matter.

Here's just a little hint of what goes on:

http://www.whale.to/b/rifat.html

And for all the mobile phone "addicts" out there (and especially those with children who are addicts), just be aware that you are dramatically increasing your risk of certain types of brain tumors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19513546

So perhaps, the joke is on those who joke about tinfoil hats.  For the heavy mobile users (the younger, the more at risk), you may just want to don those tinfoil hats.  I'll take a tinfoil hat over funny looking, surgically induced holes in my head, radiation, chemo, surgery, impaired cognition, paralysis, or death any day of the week.

P.S. I'd personally prefer we stick with the subject matter that has drawn us to this site.

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
Affected but laughing
ommm wrote:

I understand the humor in this video but at the same time, it also contributes to the marginalization of individuals who question the status quo and are dismissed with the label, "conspiracy theorist".  I needn't remind you how so many conspiracy theories have turned out to be conspiracy facts (thank you, Edward Snowden and others).

For example, Bill Casey, former director of the CIA, died from a brain tumor (or more accurately, was taken out, courtesy of repeated long distance exposure from a MASER).  Intelligence history is rife with examples of similar kinds of actions.  For example, from the link below:

"The 1970s brought a darker side to the story, with the news that the Russians were microwaving the US embassy in Moscow. One third of the staff eventually died of cancer from this microwave irradiation."

Do some reading about psychotronic and "Voice of God" weaponry as well as microwave induction of severe psychoses and you'll realize this is not a joking matter.

Here's just a little hint of what goes on:

http://www.whale.to/b/rifat.html

And for all the mobile phone "addicts" out there (and especially those with children who are addicts), just be aware that you are dramatically increasing your risk of certain types of brain tumors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19513546

So perhaps, the joke is on those who joke about tinfoil hats.  For the heavy mobile users (the younger, the more at risk), you may just want to don those tinfoil hats.  I'll take a tinfoil hat over funny looking, surgically induced holes in my head, radiation, chemo, surgery, impaired cognition, paralysis, or death any day of the week.

P.S. I'd personally prefer we stick with the subject matter that has drawn us to this site.

You are correct on all accounts....I am also on the minority fringe currently building a huge bunker for a prepper client. Of my 350 posts on this site 348 have been serious, so I have to admit that you caught me in a moment of levity. Just want you to know that I do regard this as serious business, but that for my own sanity I need to poke fun at myself occasionally.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments