Getting the Accelerated Crash Course Featured on Slashdot

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Thu, Jun 26, 2014 - 12:09pm

Slashdot is an extremely popular and influential website with a highly-educated audience base (lots of engineers and IT professionals).

If an article get featured on Slashdot's front page (aka "the Firehose"), it can receive millions of views in a very short time. Slashdot's firehose traffic is famous for overwhelming unsuspecting servers.

We'd very much like to introduce this data-centric audience to the new 'Accelerated' Crash Course. Getting posted to the Firehose is dependent on community interest, which is demonstrated by the number of "+" votes on an article.

Slashdot encourages those who submit to ask their supporters for up votes. So we're doing that now.

Please take the 5 seconds to go to this url, and click the "+" icon at the top left of the article:

http://slashdot.org/submission/3656031/why-the-next-20-years-will-be-com...

With your help and some good luck, hopefully the ACC will be "drinking from the firehose" soon!

thanks!

Adam & Chris

12 Comments

mobius's picture
mobius
done, I think...

& added an anonymous comment for good measure.  Good luck!

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
missing "+" icon?

I couldn't find it, luddite that I am.....Steve

Thetallestmanonearth's picture
Thetallestmanonearth
done

hope it helps.

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Same here
thatchmo wrote:

I couldn't find it, luddite that I am.....Steve

Didn't find the "+" icon.

Thetallestmanonearth
The '+' is directly above the

The '+' is directly above the article in the heading grey bar to the left of the title.  It does require signing up to click it, but it's quick to do.

herewego's picture
herewego
There's a plus sign + and a thumbs up icon

The + lets you make a comment, no log in or registration required.  The thumbs up icon only worked for me after I logged on to Firehose using my Google+ account (or Twitter or Facebook).  On the main page the number of comments received by each article is very prominent so let's get in there!  I didn't see a tally for thumbs ups.  This looks like a quality place to be featured.

Susan

PS Working my way through the new CC full length series.  So interesting to see how what was almost impossible to grasp on my first viewing in 2009 (money creation and much else) is now clear.  What a provocation to LEARN this community has been!

henryse's picture
henryse
Done

Good Luck

thatchmo's picture
thatchmo
4th time's a charm

clicked the link repeatedly, and a "+" finally revealed itself on the 4th try.  May all your ventures be successful.  Aloha, Steve.

Wildlife Tracker's picture
Wildlife Tracker
clunky website for a bunch of programmers, or is that expected?

let us know how this works out

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Done

Added my + as well.  I agree with WT that the website is clunky.. Reddit clunky.. maybe that is considered cool or chic or something.. not sure. 

Time2help's picture
Time2help
Done

Yeesh. Felt like grating cheese.

Thetallestmanonearth
marketing info for /.

Maybe they'd like to know that ITNJ's don't like the function of their site. haha

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments