Alien found behind a tree in Fontainebleau, France

joel r
By joel r on Sun, Apr 13, 2014 - 5:15pm

This video was taken in 2008. It may be CGI, but we figured we'd post it anyway just for the world to see.

3 Comments

HughK's picture
HughK
Putain, des extraterrestres!

Clear proof that a group of French rock climbers have too much hash mixed into their cigarettes.  :)

Arthur Robey's picture
Arthur Robey
Persistent and Ubiquitous.

Aliens seem to be a fairly persistent and ubiquitous belief. The human reaction is consistent. Fear and horror.

I have a hypothesis that the reason that we are so sensitive to other humans is that we have been enthusiastic cannibals in our formative years.Therefore we are super sensitive of anyone who is not Us. This is the root cause of racism.

Studies have shown that when threshold glimpses of other people are shown to us the first thing we notice is their sex, (Go figure) and the next thing we notice is their race.

HughK's picture
HughK
Arthur Robey wrote:Aliens
Arthur Robey wrote:

Aliens seem to be a fairly persistent and ubiquitous belief. The human reaction is consistent. Fear and horror.

I have a hypothesis that the reason that we are so sensitive to other humans is that we have been enthusiastic cannibals in our formative years.Therefore we are super sensitive of anyone who is not Us. This is the root cause of racism.

Studies have shown that when threshold glimpses of other people are shown to us the first thing we notice is their sex, (Go figure) and the next thing we notice is their race.

Hi Arthur and all,

I didn't intend to disparage a belief in (or awareness of) alien beings, by the way.  I have been intrigued by David Brin's concept of uplift, as well as by some of the arguments I have heard put forth by others who have presented evidence and beliefs regarding the possibility of aliens having visited Earth.  It does seem that there are a still a lot of gaps in data needed to solve the Drake Equation, however.

Here I was just having some fun with the dialog in the video.  While I have never had the pleasure of hanging out at Fontainebleau, some of my climber friends here at the school have, and they really enjoy it there.  :) 

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments