Toronto Update

Transcend
By Transcend on Mon, Mar 24, 2014 - 9:44pm

With Chris' latest article on Peak Oil, I thought it would be a good time to post and see how everyone is coming along in their preparations toward resilience? 

I am not even close to where I'd like to be. I'm reaching out to this group for assistance. Sometimes the resources available just aren't enough and we need to be shown or guided. Would anyone be interested in meeting in person?  Are others having these difficulties and share my frustration?  Our city seems to be heading the opposite way, but somehow the housing market continues higher and people seem "wealthier".  How much longer can this illusion last?  Do any of you disagree or would you concur this is just not sustainable?  What are we doing in Toronto to make it more resilient?

With Canadians having record household debt and the possibility Quebec will be going its separate way, there might be a huge downturn in our economy without considering all the other global issues discussed on PP.  If the Canadian economy quickly contracted (ie. dollar nosedives, housing crashes, trade slows drastically) would you be prepared?

It would be great to have a discussion with fellow members who carry the same views and live in or around the same area (Toronto).

Let's hear your input and let's keep striving towards our goals. 

1 Comment

amat525's picture
amat525
Screening of the Accelerated Crash Course

Hi Torontonians (and surrounding area folks).

I guess I'll try to revive this thread.

I organize a grassroots meetup group called Toronto Green Building Network, and also affiliated with Toronto Renewable Energy Group. 

I'm planning a screening of the Accelerated Crash Course sometime in August, and wondering who here is interested in attending. It will give those of us who are interested in the messages of Peak Prosperity to meet up and share discussion.

You can google our meetup groups and join if you wish.

In the meantime, I'll get to work on organizing the event, and keep you posted.

Cheers!

Andy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments