Target gets a reassuring visit from "bitcoin of the future"

mrees999
By mrees999 on Sun, Jan 12, 2014 - 9:26am

I've decided to start writing for bitcoin magazine. You can see my first article here: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9368/target-stores-security-nightmare-solved-...

I'll continue to check in from time to time.

2 Comments

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Well done Mark!

Thanks for writing about how cryptocurrency can help solve some of today's problems.. and how today's credit card may become tomorrows buggy whip.  I am going to post a bit of your article here for those too lazy to click the link; 

You see Bitcoin was barely gaining momentum enough to be on the radar for many large companies in 2013. It certainly wasn’t your fault that you were chosen to be the example. You will eventually come around to the fact that you wished Bitcoin had started a few years earlier while you could have taken advantage of it. Because accepting it meant you had your cash right away and had zero liability for keeping your customer banking data private. Your customers didn’t have to worry about their private banking information being sold on the black market to the highest bidders. It would have saved you all of this embarrassment, loss of sales, security systems revamp and evaluation, court costs and more.

Well enough with the bad news. Now I bring you hope.

In 2013 your customers didn’t yet realize the advantage that paying with digital currency would protect their privacy and stop their risk to identity theft. But fear not – they’ll come around to it. It’s natural law. Water finds the path of least resistance as everything in life does. Having to give out credit card information and cvc codes, even debit PIN numbers that get compromised certainly qualifies as “resistance” doesn’t it? You helped bring in a new era that changed how the world thought about money. In hindsight we can now see how quaint credit cards were.     

Bitcoin's price has been less volatile of late.. climbing slowly but steadily since mid-Dec.  This lack of volatility belies the fact that the growth of network of mechants adopting the technology is accelerating rapidly.... things are not quiet under the covers;

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/01/11/bitpay-is-now-adding-1000-new-merchants-per-week/ 

Just to put this into perspective and understand just how staggering this growth it, BitPay only first surpassed 1,000 total merchants in September 2012 and a total of 10,000 in September 2013. At its current growth rate, the company is set to double the milestone of 10,000 merchants every two and a half months. Incredible.

From Coindesk:

“We believe that merchants are starting to see the value that accepting bitcoin can bring to their business,” said BitPay’s Jan Jahosky. “We’re adding merchants at a pace of 1,000 new merchants per week.”

“We expect exponential growth in the popularity of bitcoin around the world with both merchants and consumers, and anticipate seeing the biggest growth in China, India, Russia and South America.”

SPAM_seanwilliam1988's picture
SPAM_seanwilliam1988
Thanks for sharing your

Thanks for sharing your informative article. You might find some interesting news about bitcoin at bitcoindaily.com that can help you write more about this topic. Keep it up!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments