Why lululemon Loves Silver

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Mon, Dec 9, 2013 - 12:43pm

Microfilaments of 99.99% pure silver are now being woven into their workout apparel to prevent the bacteria that causes "stink" from growing:

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's Gold & Silver Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community of precious metals enthusiasts have focused discussions on the developments most likely to impact gold & silver. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

1 Comment

Grover's picture
Grover
Hi Ho Silver

About 7 years ago, Samsung released a nano silver washing machine. They claimed it would kill 99.999% of germs and last for 30 days after washing. People worried that the silver would get into the waste water stream and kill the beneficial bacteria and fungi that clean up waste water at the treatment plant. I don't know exactly what resolution was met. Are the same groups aligned against this fabric? Here is a short Wikipedia article about the silver nano http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Nano.

On a related topic, my wife's horse was kicked in the chest and developed an abscess after a few days. She told me that Veterinarians will lance and drain the abscess and then tell the owner to keep the wound clean while it heals. She gave her horse 4 teaspoons per day of 18 PPM colloidal silver added to some food for 5 days. The second day, the "heat" came out of the abscess and at the end of 5 days, it was healed. She said the biggest downside was that she had to restore the gut bugs with probiotics.

I'm not saying that this is positive proof that it works. It may just be a coincidence. Either way, I'm happy. The colloidal silver didn't hurt the horse and we weren't stuck with a Vet bill followed by a lengthy recovery process.

Grover

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments