New to group!

paulsjv
By paulsjv on Sun, Dec 8, 2013 - 1:28pm

New to the group and looking to make new friends with similar interest. I hope this group becomes a place where there are events etc. can't wait for some meet ups etc! Thanks!

7 Comments

jenannrich's picture
jenannrich
Welcome to the group! There

Welcome to the group! There are only a few of us now (the group is really new), but I'd definitely love to have a meet up at some point in the future.

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
meet up sounds good
jenannrich wrote:

Welcome to the group! There are only a few of us now (the group is really new), but I'd definitely love to have a meet up at some point in the future.

We live west of san antonio, but not too far away. Would also like to meetup someday.

paulsjv's picture
paulsjv
Same here would love to meet

Same here would love to meet up some time. What about the first part of the new year?

Dkieke's picture
Dkieke
Meetup

That's probably good timing for most folks and I'd be very interested in getting together too.  Have any of you linked up with Transition Austin previously or get John Day's daily email?  Those are good resources though the TA group hasn't been very active.  I'm on the SW side of town so the Sunset Valley farmers market could be a convenient place to meet publicly in the future, if only looking out for my own convenience.

David

Juli B's picture
Juli B
Central Texans?

Hello folks,

I am west of Austin, northwest of San Antonio now...pretty far out but willing to travel to meet like-minded community to share views and info on coping with this interesting world and state we live in.

Hope all stayed warm during the cold snaps we've had. I just bought a place with space for big garden and poor soil...plenty of post oak leaves, though! Lots of work ahead to rehab house and land...looking forward to meeting y'all.

Cheers!

Juli

paulsjv's picture
paulsjv
Hi Juli! Congratulations on

Hi Juli!

Congratulations on your house with land.  I'm jealous!  Hopefully the group will have a gathering soon and we can all meet each other!

Jay

ratliffcc's picture
ratliffcc
Central Tx Meet Up

Hi all and welcome to the group! It's nice to know that there are other like-minded folks in the area already educating and preparing themselves.

I've been off the site for a bit moving back into our house after a plumbing leak and job change, but am interested in meeting others in the area to build our community.

It sounds like there are several folks who live on the W-SW side of Austin and others who are more West of both Austin and San Antonio so maybe a somewhat central location could be a coffee shop or restaurant in Dripping Springs, Bee Cave or Johnson City. I know there is a regular Sunday morning farmers market in the Lowes parking lot near the Bee Cave Galleria shops.

Ideas?

Regards,

JR

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments