Insane Time-Lapse of Worldwide Nuclear Testing

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Wed, Nov 20, 2013 - 12:33pm

Isao Hashimoto put together this animation of nuclear tests around the world, starting in 1945. (Hat tip to Amanda for finding)

Things start slow, but then get mind-bogglingly busy after 1962 through the end of the Cold War.

I'll admit to having little awareness of how many nuclear tests had been conducted in the 20th century, particularly in my own country (the US). I have to wonder, how much residual radiation is still left around the western US test sites?

I take some small hope by the extreme drop-off in tests after the Berlin Wall came down. But watching the staggering amount of tests conducted beforehand, you can't help but think "This isn't going to end well..."

(Source)

Here's a yearly distribution chart of these same tests (from Wikipedia):

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's ResourceWatch Group, please consider joining it now. It's a collection point for news and data on the growing scarcity of key natural resources. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

8 Comments

RogerA's picture
RogerA
Its not over yet.

Hagel warns of ‘troubling lapses’ in US nuclear forces.

Missing nuclear weapons. Allegedly infiltration in the US military, where certain groups want to bring on armageddon.

Top Generals Reveal Obama’s Secret High Level Military Purge.

General Brady’s admission comes just after two of the top nuclear commanders in the United States were terminated and suspended amid the high level military intelligence we released surrounding the secret transfer of nuclear weapons from a Texas Airforce base to South Carolina. And while the terminations were originally reported on by the Associated Press, who has been covering the issue in depth and even hinting towards our coverage of the missing nuke within their reports, it was revealed by the agency that the terminations and suspensions were actually found out through leaked emails.

Michael Savage Launches Investigation Into Missing Nukes

I joined the Savage Nation to discuss the intel timeline of the nuke transfer, specifically highlighting the fact that the transfer was unsigned for and completely off the books. Originally covered by Savage earlier this month following the suspension and termination of the two top nuke commanders in the nation, the missing nuke intel has since spread internationally — and still, the United States media has failed to even mention it despite the vital events that continue to point towards its accuracy.

Doug's picture
Doug
Like you, I didn't realize

Like you, I didn't realize there have been that many tests.  I would like to point out, however, that numbers 2 and 3 weren't really tests.  They were the real deal.

A relevant point also is that at some point above ground tests were banned.  As far as I know everyone largely abided by that ban.  I don't remember what year that was, but I would think risks of exposure to contaminated material now would be minimal from below ground testing unless you're way underground at those sites.

Doug

jdye51's picture
jdye51
Speechless

God, it makes me sick to see this. It's a good representation of our collective madness.

Words fail in the face of such hubris and stupidity.broken heartcrying

Phil Williams's picture
Phil Williams
Exactly
jdye51 wrote:

God, it makes me sick to see this. It's a good representation of our collective madness.

Words fail in the face of such hubris and stupidity.broken heartcrying

That's exactly what I was thinking.

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Collective MADness?

Mutually Assured Destruction - ness. How strange and ironic that acronym is what is used to "keep the peace." Insanity is everywhere I guess, but ain't technology great?!

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
How many of the US tests were

for Israel?  Or, how many tests were hidden for that state?

A LOT!

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Chimps

Yes, humans are still not far from the Chimp.

RogerA's picture
RogerA
Cold war ?

And when you know the cold war was a joke.
US shipped uranium and more during the war to the soviet.

Major Jordan`s diary.

I encourage everyone to dig deep in all the info you can get your hands on. The more you discover what is going on, the easier it will be to leave this way of living behind you.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments