Major Bitcoin Happenings

Jim H
By Jim H on Wed, Oct 16, 2013 - 11:21am

I have not been posting much here.. in part because of my frustration with the operators of this website for installing the (Gold) anti-manipulationist Davefairtex in as our "advisor" on all things related to Gold trading.  That being said, I thought this new news was worthy of a quick post;

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2013/10/15/chinese-web-search-giant-baidu-n...

As I have maintained on many occasions, reports of the death of Bitcoin have been greatly exaggerated. If anything, the news related to the most popular crypto-currency ever has only gotten considerably more positive in the wake of the raid on Silk Road. The most recent development is that massive web services site Baidu, Inc. has started to accept Bitcoin for its Jiasule service. I wonder if this is in any way related to the recent Chinese calls for a new reserve currency, as I can’t imagine the company would go ahead with accepting BTC without at least some “all clear” from authorities. If this signals implicit approval for Bitcoin by political leaders in China (it’s too early to tell), it would have paradigm-shifting global consequences. 

1 Comment

mrees999's picture
mrees999
Is Bitcoin the Secure Drawing Rights Basket Currency?

China has been talking about getting the world on something like the SDR Currency basket for years. Nobody trusts the communist.  But we can trust in the universal law of math.  Makes you think - if it's not bitcoin, it might be bitcoin inspired.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments