"Money For Nothing" Documentary Expose on the Federal Reserve

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Tue, Oct 1, 2013 - 3:55pm

I haven't seen the full-length version of this film yet, but have heard good things from those who have. The roster of folks they interviewed is very impressive.

If it's playing near you (see their website for theater locations and dates), you should consider viewing:

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's Economy Wonks Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community of economic enthusiasts share news and engage in debate regarding all things economic. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

17 Comments

Grover's picture
Grover
VERY Limited Release

I'd love to see the movie, but I don't want to drive a couple of days to get to the nearest cinema. The website http://moneyfornothingthemovie.org/screenings has 13 venues for screening the show in America (through December 3rd.) Apparently, the producer knows this won't be a "must see" film for the folks who really should awaken before it's too late. That's a pity.

Grover

shastatodd's picture
shastatodd
the fed

the fed cannot fix the dilemma of our primary energy resource now being in decline, which ended the age of growth. no matter how much money is spent to sustain the unsustainable, in the end it will not work.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Give me a break!

Prop a gand a - - - clap - clap - clap clap clap!

Prop a gand a - - - clap - clap - clap clap clap!

Come on!  

This is bullshit propaganda put out by the FED/BIS to try to show they "made a few mistakes".  

B U L L S H I T ! ! ! ! ! 

The financial crisis was planned.  Pure and simple.  How can it not be planned, when the banking cartel has been doing the EXACT SAME THING century after century!?!?!?

Sorry Adam, but by now you should be seeing through this bullshit, and seeing what's really taking place.  I noticed CM seeing the "light" when I asked for my posting privileges back a couple years ago, but haven't seen the same from you yet.  I hope to see you "enlightened" soon.

Again, this is a bullshit movie, that is part of a CYA program by the asshole banking cartel.

Sorry to be so emotional about this but, for anyone on this site to not understand this as propaganda, blows me away.

LesPhelps's picture
LesPhelps
2 hour drive

...and I'm know how it ends.

I'd rather see Club of Rome's video "Last Call."

Les

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Ironically

The onion just might've captured the truth - or the version I want to believe. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/drunken-ben-bernanke-tells-everyone-at-neighborhoo,21059/

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
This comes recommended for those that heve not seen it,

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Will this be available o Netflix/Amazon/Blockbuster Stream?

The producers should have released streams the first day too to get wider audience.  Cannot form an opinion until I see it and it is no where near me.

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Mark Knopfler Ahead of the Curve

The Money for Nothing tune came out in 1985.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Drunken Bernanke Admits "We're Screwed"

Treemagnet, I had to add the picture  to your post and the headline!  This absolutely cracked me up!

Drunken Ben Bernanke Tells Everyone At Neighborhood Bar How Screwed U.S. Economy Really Is

SEWARD, NE—Claiming he wasn't afraid to let everyone in attendance know about "the real mess we're in," Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke reportedly got drunk Tuesday and told everyone at Elwood's Corner Tavern about how absolutely fucked the U.S. economy actually is.

Bernanke, who sources confirmed was "totally sloshed," arrived at the drinking establishment at approximately 5:30 p.m., ensconced himself upon a bar stool, and consumed several bottles of Miller High Life and a half-dozen shots of whiskey while loudly proclaiming to any patron who would listen that the economic outlook was "pretty goddamned awful if you want the God's honest truth."

"Look, they don't want anyone except for the Washington, D.C. bigwigs to know how bad shit really is," said Bernanke, slurring his words as he spoke. "Mounting debt exacerbated—and not relieved—by unchecked consumption, spiraling interest rates, and the grim realities of an inevitable worldwide energy crisis are projected to leave our entire economy in the shitter for, like, a generation, man, I'm telling you."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/drunken-ben-bernanke-tells-everyone-at-neighborhoo,21059/

-----------------------------------------------

On a more serious note: watch the non verbal cues in Bernanke's face at the 2:47 mark in the "Money For Nothing" trailer when he answers the question:

Interviewer:  "You have what degree of confidence that you can control this?"

Bernanke:  "100%"

Though not admissible in a court of law  wink, my read is that he is lying.

---------------------------------------------

And last, I share LogansRun's concern that this movie could possibly be another layer in a complex deception with more in play than we can know.  If the future unfolds with a classic Naomi Klein Shock Doctrine effect, where in the aftermath of a global financial crash, wealth and power are further concentrated in the hands of an ever smaller group, at that point we will be sure that the crash was deliberately engineered.  Until then it is "hubris,"  "mistakes were made," "human folly reigned," "the fog of war," and "this always happens to monetary systems."  Too bad we can't be certain now.

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
sand_puppy

Its just the best onion piece I've ever read.....I laugh every single time I read it.  Hey, and he even touches base on energy - so 2 E's to boot....

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
I still cannot

get past the fact that I see the US as a proxy or trojan horse for the global elite that have no loyalty to any nation state and only to themselves and their fellow conspirators. The Fed is a major player in the obfuscation of all things directed towards global domination. The citizens are have been and continue to be expendable. 

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
This presentation

is proof that they are now operating in a psychological damage limitation exercise. They know that the word is getting out, about the corruption and lies. This is their attempt to slap down those that deal in conspiracy facts and to divert the attention once again of those that might think of venturing outside of the illusion or of daring to leave the herd. 

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Four Horsemen Movie Was Excellent!

Thanks for posting BankersSlave.  I had never seen that movie.  I see why it won all those awards.  It was very well done, hopeful that we humans can understand our predicament and go a new path.

Broadspectrum's picture
Broadspectrum
Not Worth Your Time or Money

I posted this over on the Fed Shocker: No Taper thread on 9/18 (comment #4).  The movie is mentioned.

What To Do With the Federal Reserve 
By Michael Busler 
Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Many people today want to abolish the Federal Reserve System. The primary reason is that these people fear a severe inflation problem coming very shortly. Why? Over the past four years the FED has been "monetizing" the public debt by purchasing $85 billion dollars per month of U.S. Treasury bonds that are used to pay for the huge annual deficits that the current administration has incurred. Each time the essentially unregulated Fed buys bonds, they inject reserves into the system which increases the money supply. Will this cause the rapid inflation that people are worried about?

A new documentary called Money for Nothing directed and produced by Jim Bruce has just been released. This film details the history of the Federal Reserve, and provides excellent information about why the FED should be abolished. Read about it here; If you want to see the movie, click here to see if it is showing in a city near you.

Michael Busler, Ph.D. is a public policy analyst and an Associate Professor at Richard Stockton College.

From me:

I went to see the movie on Sunday, 9/22.  I had to see it before recommending it to others if it was to truly be about abolishing the Fed.  I will tell everyone right now, don’t waste your time.  It is not about that at all.  I think that word, abolish, was used once in the movie and it was during a 30 second (or less) segment that showed Ron Paul at one of his campaign rallies.  Ron Paul was the only known critic of the Fed in the film but he was never interviewed, just shown at the rally.   There was not a single well known or otherwise real critic of the Fed interviewed in the entire film.

The film does NOT DETAIL the history of the Fed at all, glossing over it in less than 2 minutes and not in any critical tone, unlike in the “Creature From Jekyll Island”.  And Griffin was not interviewed either.  The main persons interviewed were all former Fed personnel.  The focus was on Greenspan and Bernanke.  Sure, they made them look bad but it was all apologist in nature.  The main message I came out of the movie with was those guys are real smart but they made mistakes.  The Fed is not bad, just run by the wrong persons.  If you put the right guys in the job this would never have happened.   It was a disgusting waste of time.  I didn’t learn anything that I didn’t already know as most of you here already know too.  But at least now I know not to recommend this film to anyone.

The film is a Zionist joke.   

Broadspectrum

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
I've never seen this I'll take a look tonight.

Thx Bankers Slave.

Money for nothing and more slave workers for peanuts in developed countries. I just see it everywhere here in Quebec. The economy is tanking and more and more people are losing their jobs. I'm frankly worried for my kids.

Thx 

NN

Bankers Slave's picture
Bankers Slave
Worries for kids

You are right to be worried for your kids. I do not have any children, but that does not stop me being concerned  for everyone else kids because of the way things are turning out. A situation not of their making  that will rob many of them of having the fortune of experiencing any kind of prosperous future. I am not even going to try and guess the outcomes, but we know that reality is extreme and no moderation of it is going to soften any blow. 

The situation normal, in my part of the world defies belief. There is just no getting through to any of the parents that I speak to. 

The UK next year will be flooded with migrants from Romania and Bulgaria seeking a better life. This will just balloon the welfare state even further, put more pressure on social housing and drive down the labour rate and standards of living. 

You can only be there for your loved ones.

Doug's picture
Doug
Four Horsemen

I have this video.  There are 23 commenters along the way, including Joe Stiglitz, Max Keiser, Noam Chomsky, Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Hugo Salinas Price, Simon Black and a number of academics I was unfamiliar with.  I found it quite informative for its economic history and thought provoking.  Here's the website where I believe you can watch it for $5.

www.fourhorsemenfilm.com

If you get the vid, it can't be played on most dvd players, but can be on computers.  I forget what that formatting is called.

Doug

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments