Community Bikes: Great Santa Rosa Resource

suziegruber
By suziegruber on Sat, Sep 28, 2013 - 10:10pm

Today I went in search of a bicycle to give myself a fun, outdoor way to get some exercise.  I went over to Community Bikes at 4019 Sebastopol Road in Santa Rosa.  What a great business!  They take used bicycles, fix them up and sell them for about what you would pay on Craigs List.  They have a wide variety of bikes including mountain bikes, road bikes, and hybrid bikes.  They have bikes for adults and kids.

I picked out a hybrid bike that I liked and putting air in the tires and making a few adjustments, the man who helped me (one of the many volunteers there) let me take it for a spin around the neighborhood.  He explained a lot of technical details about the bike answering all of my questions in a very patient, helpful manner.

The other piece I want to share is that in addition to selling used bikes, they have a bike workshop where for $10 an hour charged in 15 minute increments you can bring your bike and they will help you fix it.  Additionally, they are always looking for more volunteers to work on bikes.  All you need to volunteer is a working knowledge of basic hand tools.  They will teach you the rest as you learn to fix bikes.  What a great opportunity!

I feel really grateful that we have this amazing resource here in West Sonoma County.  Check it out if you have a chance.

--Suzie

1 Comment

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Great find!

I could really use a shop like this - thanks for letting us know about it, Suzie!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments