What Today Felt Like for Gold & Silver Investors

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Fri, Sep 20, 2013 - 5:51pm

Combine options expiry with central planners' need to keep PMs contained after Bernanke's "no-taper" announcement, and you get a day like today (Gold down over 3%, Silver down nearly 6.5%).

Those watching the action today likely felt a lot like these guys:

If you feel the same, be sure to tune in to tomorrow's interview with Jim Rickards - it will restore your faith. Precious metals are one of the only sound options for preserving wealth through the currency wars the world has embarked on.

3 Comments

Grover's picture
Grover
It is all in the way you look at it

Adam,

I have to disagree. It felt like any other day. The sun came up, there was activity, and now, the day is nearing its end. I could see how it would feel (awful) if you calculate your fiat selling price of your wealth daily. If you're not about to sell, why should you care? The price only matters when you buy and when you sell.

Today was a blessing (campared to yesterday) if you're thinking of adding some more PMs to your stash. You could get several percent more oz for the same fiat price. Is that a deal, or what?

Grover

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
How does the FED/Wall Street Cap Gold

So do the players slowly buy GLD paper over months and years to not spike its price then loan it etc and sell it at once based on newly FED printed money?   I would like to know the mechanism since I read so much about the FED capping Gold proce in near term.

blackeagle's picture
blackeagle
Why such volatility?

I don't understand this week PM price increase then decrease. The FED made an annoucement which led to PM price increase, then why the next two days prices felt? Was it a different reason for the decrease? or the increase was the result of a(nother) manipulation round and then benefits taking by the manipulators at the expense of the naive mass?

Edit: Ok. Got it from Dave post. it was the second announce for probableOctober taper.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments