Welcome, New Members!

Lester Freamon
By Lester Freamon on Wed, Sep 4, 2013 - 12:28pm

I know the South Florida Peak Prosperity group has been largely quiet since its inception, but maybe now that we have some new members we can start to change that. So first, welcome to the newcomers! Thrilled to have you on board. Please feel free to start some new threads. While we are united by geography, the focus of our conversations needn't be solely South Florida-specific topics. Anything is fair game, so long as we keep the dialogue civil.

So let me introduce a topic and see what everyone thinks. With Brent crude up over $115 and tensions in the Mideast roiling, gas prices are likely only heading higher. I've begun looking at some hybrid electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids, and all-electric alternatives to cut down on (or wholly eliminate) the purchase of refined petroleum products. A friend of mine also suggested some bio-fuel options, though I don't know how available or practical these are at the moment. Another friend recently bought a Chevy Volt and has had mostly good things to say. His biggest concern is his possible exposure to electromagnetic radiation. Others I know love their Priuses, but they too are not without their costs/drawbacks.

Curious to hear others' thoughts on the matter. Is anyone currently driving a hybrid or plug-in? Anyone have a diesel? If so, what have your experiences been like? Has anyone leased one of these vehicles or have some familiarity with the lease deals that are out there? And are there particular makes and models that seem to offer the most bang for the buck? Given the precious lack of reliable public transit options in South Florida, I'm guessing this is, or will be, a major issue for just about everyone who doesn't work from (or within walking or biking distance of) home.

1 Comment

Jamo Lorswal's picture
Jamo Lorswal
re aCTIVITY

Hi, I just joined and like the tenor of the website. I am hoping to meet with people as well as communicate through the web.

I am hoping to see a resurgence of peaceful protest in this country, not so much with the CLANG CLANG Hooray for our side type but more along guerrilla theatre.. to artistically bring attention to issues. Any body game in Fort Lauderdale area? Jamo

Issues I like are Constitution-based

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments