My first permaculture video

Magnum03
By Magnum03 on Thu, Aug 1, 2013 - 8:51am

We are starting up a permaculture center in Málaga, Spain and I just made my first video and would like to share it with you. Any feedback is appriciated.

3 Comments

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
very impressed!

You have one of the best urban permaculture gardens I've seen for such a small space, especially for only one year's growth. It's astounding.

I loved your idea of using foam to shield the plants from the heat of the roo flooring tiles, and the use of wicking bed containters, and shade. The rock swith calcium in them were a fantasic idea - and so pretty. IIn fact, all the gardening spaces were decorative- an important element in urban locations. An excellent use of straw mulch, too. Where do you get your straw? I thought I saw Bermuda hay growing as a weed in one of your containters, so you might want to check around for a supplier with less weed seeds in it.

Best of luck on your permaculture center. Keep us posted, and keep up the good work!

Magnum03's picture
Magnum03
Free mulch

Thanks Wendy, I appriciate your feedback. The "hay" I'm using is something me and my kids just collected one evening by going down the road and cutting any dried grasses. Later i needed more, and the neighbour had just clear an old unused orchard, so there was a whole container full of grass clippings right there on the street.

The spanish use bermuda grass for allmost all their lawns, so you might have seen it. It's almost impossible to grow a normal lawn here, they only exist on the golf courses.

kevinoman0221's picture
kevinoman0221
Subscribed

I like your video and look forward to more. I subscribed on YouTube. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments