Speading The Word...

dblowe7
By dblowe7 on Thu, Aug 1, 2013 - 7:11am

Hey All!

Well, after much struggle, I finally convinced my wife that she needed (NEEDED) to finish watching the videos (She had watch the first DVD in the set I brought home and was getting so freaked out that she did not want to watch the rest of them). 

My father-in-law was intrigued by them and asked to watch them as well.  He finished the first one on Monday and was wanting more (another engineer).

Yesterday, I came home a little after 5:00 to find the two of them in my living room watching the last two disks.  They had started at 1:00 and they had been watching them and talking about the info Chris presented.

When I walked in, they stopped the video, and my father-in-law said, "Sobering!"

After some quick discussion, they asked to sit down tonight and talk about this more in detail, learn what I got out of the class, and to do the self assesment sheets.

They both agreed that the videos needed to be sent to both my brother and brother-in-law, and that our neighbor Steven and his wife would probably like to see them.

Chris,

For the last several years, I have known in my soul that something was wrong, but have had little success in getting my family to listen. Your videos did such a masterful job of putting it out there, that they finally undrstand why I have been acting all "crazy".  Thank you!

I hope all of you are progressing on your relative paths of change and have found support from your family and friends.

Ian...

2 Comments

susanattheville's picture
susanattheville
Ian - Glad to hear of your

Ian - Glad to hear of your success. Keep at it. Sounds like a teachable moment (or two...)

Jeff and Susan.

e4's picture
e4
Nice work...

I think sometimes getting people to open their minds (and get through the "freak out" stage) is half the battle. It's great that you've got the people closest to you on the same page.

- Edson

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments