Burning Man 2013 - Meet Up?

rhare
By rhare on Mon, Jul 29, 2013 - 2:49am

So, anyone going this year?  Want to meet up at the Burn?

11 Comments

Frybread's picture
Frybread
Burning Man

Hello,

Yes, I'll definitely be going. I'll be in Camp, 'Above the Limit' which includes the tea house.

Playa name is Etta...and you??

rhare's picture
rhare
Burning Man

I'll be camped at Poly Paradise (Biggie Size & 4:45).  Playa name rabbit.  I plan to be there Monday - Monday.  We should try and meet up, I'll swing by sometime early in the week and leave a note if I don't find you in camp with suggested meeting times/places.  Feel free to do the same.  

See you at the burn...

Jim H's picture
Jim H
If I make it there....

I will be the naked guy wearing a heavy Gold chain.  No comment as to whether I will be, "swinging by".  

Seriously.. I have always wanted to attend.  Maybe I should put this on the bucket list   : ) 

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Okay, I'm in.

But when you address me, you must call me 'Dude'.  Second, we must maintain constant eye contact - its like looking directly at the sun......third, dark...and I mean dark, sunglasses will be worn at all times.

rhare's picture
rhare
Hippies with work attitudes
Jim H wrote:

I will be the naked guy wearing a heavy Gold chain.  No comment as to whether I will be, "swinging by".

You would not even stand out. smiley

I'm actually surprised there are not more Burners here at Peak Prosperity.  A lot of the same characteristics of people I meet at Burning Man I see in people here.   I heard someone once describe Burners as hippies with a work attitude, which I think describes a lot of us here.

Anyway, I would love to organize a get together if there is a group going.  Please speak up if your going, or if you don't want to admit it just shoot me a PM. smiley  FYI - I assume the NSA knows who you are anyway...

rhare's picture
rhare
Still tickets available.
Jim H wrote:

Seriously.. I have always wanted to attend.  Maybe I should put this on the bucket list   : )

Still tickets available - I see them going by on various mailing lists if you really want to go.   I decided to go on 4 days notice my first year, so it's definitely doable.  I have never missed one since. smiley

Treemagnet, come on by Dude!  FYI - they have to be dark goggles! cool

If you don't know what Burning Man is, it really is more than just a giant party in the desert, read the various links on the introduction to the Peak Prosperity Burner Group for more info.

You might also want to check out the article "What Burning Man Can Teach Us About Living in Community".  There is an embedded video and link to the rest of the interesting article.

Here are a some videos I like that give a bit of a feel for what it's like.  (Warning there is brief nudity in these).  The videos can convey the party and the creativity, but they really can't convey the community aspect very well, the only way to understand is to go.

Dick's picture
Dick
Burning Man 2013

I'll give a shout to the PP camp around the 'Carcass Wash' time frame. Dread the entrance line - the last 6 years have been with DPW so I would've been there at least 2 weeks before Monday; I expect a big culture shock.

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Congrats!

You've been here over FIVE years and this gets you posting!!  Thats awesome!

Frybread's picture
Frybread
Burning Man

Etta here...we're now called Soft Landing - pod within Soft Landing is Camp Now...B and 9:15...we're hosting the tea house & Palenque Norte

Frybread's picture
Frybread
Burning Man

Etta here...we're now called Soft Landing - pod within Soft Landing is Camp Now...B and 9:15...we're hosting the tea house & Palenque Norte

Frybread's picture
Frybread
what can I say....first

what can I say....first things first

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments