“Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control

Wendy S. Delmater
By Wendy S. Delmater on Wed, Jul 10, 2013 - 3:01pm

(Cross-posted to Daily Digest)

“Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control

Sal Culosi is dead because he bet on a football game — but it wasn’t a bookie or a loan shark who killed him. His local government killed him, ostensibly to protect him from his gambling habit.

6 Comments

Steady Footsteps's picture
Steady Footsteps
Well worth reading

The above-cited article ( http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%80%9Cwhy_did_you_shoot_me_i_was_read... ) is really disturbing and well worth reading.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
"Dirty Wars"--America's assassination teams

Saw a very good movie tonight, Dirty Wars. Very powerful. It followed a war reporter for The Nation magazine, Jeremy Scahill, as he investigates a series of night time raids on homes in rural Afghanistan. He is confused, because the local NATO base does not know about the raids.   Little is said about them in the press except that "terrorists were killed." 

He goes to the villages to talk to people and finds the story is MUCH more complicated. Civilians are clearly being killed--pretty much anyone in the household of "the target" is acceptable collateral damage including the wives, children and dinner guests. Some do not have any visible links to terrorist groups.  He begins to track patterns of the raids, locate insiders, talk to officials and retired operatives and eventually comes to understand that there is a newly formed branch of the military that ANSWERS DIRECTLY TO THE WHITE HOUSE ALONE, called JSOC. (Joint Special Operations Command.)  They are not a part of the Army, Navy or Air Force and the local area military command in battle zones of Afghanistan does not know when or where they operate. They are an autonomous unit outside of the NATO or US military command structure.

They function as a global hit squad conducting early morning assassination raids in many countries (mostly Muslim countries) directly on the order of the White House. The latest information indicates that about 15 to 20 raids are being conducted each night, in 76 different countries--countires that we are NOT at war with.  

Scahill also documents very effectively the way that this type of "war on terror" is creating anti-American hatred throughout the Muslim world, especially when children are executed.  

This entire operation of presidential assassination squads is without fair trial is conspicuously unjust, illegal and immoral by Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu values.   We need to look at this.  This practice could not continue if clearly seem by everyone as it profoundly violates our collective moral values and sense of decency.

I recommend it for anyone who wants to know this piece of what is really going on in the world.

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Truly scary stuff.

Its amazing to me the things that just a short while ago would be conspiracy theories or such that are now known to be true.  Then, you read/hear about the next wave of theories/stories, and it just gets downright alarming.  I haven't seen it, but mean to - thanks for the tip.  Sad stuff, serves no purpose -  not even the petrodollar thing.  Can you imagine if the yuan were to be backed with gold, and America became China's backwater world to do with as they pleased - like what we do, for apparently just the hell of it.  Gotta run, I think I hear a drone.

thc0655's picture
thc0655
This can't be true

The claims in that documentary can't be true, sandpuppy. POTUS is the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize! wink

treemagnet's picture
treemagnet
Yeah, SandPuppy...

Can you prove it?  I didn't see Matt Lauer confirm it on TeeVee, so it can't be true!  I'll also need charts, graphs, and empirical evidence as well.  Hehehe.

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Actually, some other confirming evidence would be good

I wonder if Aaron has any knowledge of this new group, the JSOC?  Or others in our military.  Anyone else getting wind of this?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments