Pacific North West tour

mumusha
By mumusha on Sat, Jun 15, 2013 - 4:50pm

Hello there,

I'm planning to tour the Pacific Northwest for relocation purposes, and would be making a trip from San Francisco to SandPoint ID, this coming August. In Oregon, I'm looking to visit Ashland and Bend, then towards Baker City and La Grande. I've not visited Oregon yet, and would like your input in where I might want to visit. 

In this tour, I hope to find a community of resilient minded people who I feel at home with, like the PP community except off line :) 

Here's a little about me, which may help you understand what I'm looking for.

I'm in my mid 30's, part Japanese, which brings to question - are there any Japanese populations that you know of?

I'm studying to be an elementary school teacher (special education), in California. I would need to complete courses in whichever state I'm moving to, which means moving close to a university that offers teacher credentialing. Another reason I'd like to be near a university (but not a university town), is the talent that it offers, especially in the area of green energy, engineering, agriculture, etc. 

I also love the arts, theatre, live music, etc, as well as sports such as kick boxing. And motorcycles, so dealers are important. 

I hope I haven't bombarded you with information. Any input is very much appreciated. Again, if all goes well, I'm hoping to do this tour this coming August.

Thank you!

Mumu

3 Comments

waynecbyrd's picture
waynecbyrd
Pacific North West

I have recently begun to study Northern California towns that might have some of the necessary elements to aid in building a resilient life. I am also in my mid-thirties so Im looking for towns that would be welcoming to a young PP minded homesteader. Although I intend to create as much resilience on the property I buy, I am also looking for a community that is interested in sustainability.  Due to my being born and raised on concrete in Los Angeles, I am hoping to find a town with mentors that can aid me throughout the journey. One bit of research I plan to do in September is to attend the Annual Heirloom Expo in Santa Rosa, CA. I figure I will meet a bunch of people from the region that will have knowledge about the slight differences in each of the northern California towns.

As you learn more about the area please keep us updated.

When you are taking your road trip?

mumusha's picture
mumusha
Hi waynecbyrd

Hi there, I'll send you a PM later today when I can, for now, just letting you know I read your comment, and for more information, here is the link to my previous post (with lots of feedback) regarding the same topic.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/discussion/82130/pacific-northwest-tour

Regards. TTYL.

RoseHip's picture
RoseHip
Don't forget to check out

The local farmer market's in your research of respected cities. An important factor for turning a profit from sustainability and homesteading.

Rose

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments