Establishing A Food Forest: Inspiring, Enlightening, Amazing! Watch This Online

Poet
By Poet on Mon, Jun 10, 2013 - 3:35am

Inspiring, enlightening, and amazing! Watch the film on-line.

Establishing A Food Forest
"Learn how to establish your own Food Forest with International Permaculture teacher Geoff Lawton as he takes you through the essential stages of designing and building your own garden of Eden from start to finish."
http://www.realfarmacy.com/establishing-a-food-forest-full-film/

Really lush and beautiful. And Geoff Lawton is such a knowledgeable, optimistic teacher.

Poet

Note: If you're reading this and are not yet a member of Peak Prosperity's Agriculture & Permaculture Group, please consider joining it now. It's where our active community of gardening enthusiasts share information, insights and knowledgable daily discussion to help you succeed in growing your own food. Simply go here and click the "Join Today" button.

5 Comments

Poet's picture
Poet
Greening The Desert

Geoff Lawton is also featured in the following series, using permaculture techniques to harvest scarce rainwater, conserve moisture, and organically green the desert, growing a food forest...

Greening The Desert, Part 1 of 4:

Greening The Desert, Part 2 of 4:

Greening The Desert, Part 3 of 4:

Greening The Desert, Part 4 of 4:

Poet

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
NC State University free intro course (monitoring)

Their "Introduction to Permaculture" class can be monitored online by clicking here.  This is a full college course - very meaty - and I am working my way through it with grreat interest, as this is coming out of the center of the Permaculture movement in the American Deep South. I hope to discover local or locally adapted plants I can use. I will report generally useful things as I discover them. For exaple - Yard Long Beans (asparagus beans) are great for my climate, and will grow up trees as the climbing layer - up to 10-14-ft!

P.S. - Poet? Establishing a Food Forest was great, and I learned a lot about basic permaculture there. But despite labeling his region as tropical/subtropical, Geoff mostly dealt with plants for the tropics, i.e.not most of the USA. He mentioned a lot of things that would only grow in America in the southern half of Florida or southern California: limes, chocolate pudding fruit, jackfruit...you get the picture. *sigh*

Lnorris's picture
Lnorris
Thanks for this information!

It's great to be able to access college courses like this. I find permaculture fascinating. It has a soothing, rhythmic quality to it's application in the garden or forest. My son and I were watching the first hour of it together tonight. Sparked some interesting questions. 

Oliveoilguy's picture
Oliveoilguy
Dug Spuds this morning

file://localhost/Users/markhall2/Desktop/IMG_3613.jpg

Came in for lunch and found this great link from Poet. Can't wait to watch the Geoff Lawton series.
Thanks

treebeard's picture
treebeard
Foundation

Geoff Lawton is one of my heros, along with Joel Salatin.  Both address the foundational issues of our current modern culture. The economics discussed mostly on this site are symptoms of a deeply disordered connection between human beings and the environment that supports us.  Both Geoff and Joel demonstrate in concrete practical terms that other ways of being are not only possible but very practical and much more enjoyable.  When are we going to switch from the mentality of domination (which seems to infect everything that we do) to one of co-creation and cooperation?

Thanks for sharing this with our commuity Poet.

BTW, happy fathers day to all the other dads out there.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments