Water Updates - What Are You Experiencing With Water Levels in Your Location?

jasonw
By jasonw on Mon, May 20, 2013 - 7:40pm

An article (Wells Dry, Fertile Plains Turn to Dust) from today's Daily Digest got me thinking more about the master resource and what others may be experiencing in their home states and what planning folks are doing to mitigate the risks involved with aquifer / well depletion and extended droughts? 

My landlord for the rural property I rent said this weekend that this is the first "brown" May they have every experienced.  Usually it is green in the pasture and surrounding hills.

What is the water situation in your location looking like this year?

2 Comments

gpoulsen's picture
gpoulsen
Snow Pack

The snow pack here in Utah is 47% of normal for this time of year, not great.  Our reservoirs are near full capacity so that is good.   This is fairly normal for us here, a few lean years and then a pumper year to get us back up.  We will just have to see if the drought continues into the next few years, that would be very bad.

maceves's picture
maceves
Georgia

We had a very wet spring, enough to break a 2 year drought.  Went kayaking on the Ogeechee last week---first time in nine years a big group has been able to paddle it without portages.  The lake is up. I would think the aquafer has filled too.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments