Inhofe: Obama administration trying to ‘dry up’ ammo supply

Wendy S. Delmater
By Wendy S. Delmater on Sat, May 11, 2013 - 9:36pm

Inhofe: Obama administration trying to ‘dry up’ ammo supply

“I believe it’s intentional,” Inhofe said. “Now we had someone testify the other day the DHS, the Department of Homeland Security, has the ‘right’ — this is a bureaucrat that said this — they have the ‘right’ to buy as much as they want, and they’re planning to buy 750 million rounds. Well, that is more than three times the amount that our soldiers are using for training to defend our nation. So, it’s just another effort to restrict gun activity and ownership. We have in this country the Second Amendment, that preserves the right to keep and bear arms, and the president doesn’t believe in that.”

I had to re-read that. Homeland Security says they are planning to buy 750,000,000 rounds of ammo.  I believe that comes under the general category of WTF.

Inhofe is working to introduce the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) bill that will limit “non-defense, armed federal agencies to pre-Obama levels of ammunition.” Sounds sane to me.

3 Comments

A. M.'s picture
A. M.
parent child relationship

Obama is like a stupid kid that just won't put down the matches, regardless of what his parents (citizenry) ask of him.
He is going to go down in history as an oathbreaker, a scandalous elitist and the man who inadvertently geared the U.S. Up for a civil war.

Damn this madness. If the arms industry had any scruples, they'd limit how much they sell to .gov agencies in a year.
Aaron

Boomer41's picture
Boomer41
Firearms Industry Fighting Back

In response to the recent surge in gun control legislation in some states, over 140 companies engaged in the manufacture and sale of firearms and associated goods and services have announced they will not sell to the police and government agencies in those states any product which is is illegal for ordinary citizens to purchase or possess.

You can see the list here: http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/ 

Nevertheless, I don't think the current ammo drought can be blamed wholly on the DHS. They aren't buying up all the .22 LR - which is as scarce as hens teeth. Understandably, people are hoarding ammo as a direct result of the uncertainty created by the Obama administration's anti-gun policies.

I know for a fact that my local sports superstore has people waiting in line every Thursday morning to snatch up all of the ammo as soon as it is delivered.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.
As if there wasn't enough corruption...

Here's Jon Stewart on the issue of the IRS's mind-boggling over-stepping of legal and ethical bounds to facilitate a political outcome, with a dash of the Justice Department's illegal confinscation of AP memos and phone records.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-13-2013/barack-trek--into-darkness?xrs=playershare_fb

To say nothing of Bengazi, or Chinook Crash of Extortion 17 in Wardak that killed a significant amount of Seal Team Six operators who were directly involved with the killing of Bin Laden (and unnamed Afghans who's names were changed on the manifest).

What can you even do with this amount of negligence?
History repeats... and life goes on.

Aaron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments