Resilient Life Happy Hour

Amanda Witman
By Amanda Witman on Wed, Jan 30, 2013 - 12:08pm

Our PP friends in California have started a Resilient Life Happy Hour.  Would anyone here be interested in starting one at McNeill's in Brattleboro, perhaps once a month?  (Neighborhood pub, locally brewed beer and ale, local economy.)  If someone else is willing to organize and lead it, I'd be happy to make arrangements with McNeill's if need be.  Perhaps we could draw some people in from Transition Brattleboro, Post-Oil Solutions, Time Trade, etc.

What do you think?  Anyone want to propose a regular night for this?

12 Comments

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
Does MacNeills have a Happy Hour?

Just wondering if they have a Happy Hour at MacNeill's.  I know where it is, but I have never been there.

I would guess that Friday would be best...  Saturday has the easiest parking downtown though...

Other thoughts?

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Good question.  I am not sure

Good question.  I am not sure if they have an official happy hour, but they do seem to have specials going sometimes.  I'm there regularly for music gatherings but I'm not a beer-drinker so I can't say for sure.

I guess my thinking is that, as they are a community-supportive, successful, good local brewery, I'm happy t pay full price to help them stay in business.

Their quietest nights are Tues and Wed.  Whatever we all decide would be fine, though.

Would you be willing to call and find out?  This is their website.  It would be great to have a monthly gathering.

Alex Wilson's picture
Alex Wilson
Happy Hour at McNeil's

My understanding is that state law in Vermont prohibits "happy hour," meaning that a bar can't discount beery for a certain period of time. But that's no reason not to define a time when people gather at McNeil's. I'd be inclined to participate now and then.  -Alex Wilson

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
atwilson wrote:My
atwilson wrote:

My understanding is that state law in Vermont prohibits "happy hour," meaning that a bar can't discount beery for a certain period of time. But that's no reason not to define a time when people gather at McNeil's. I'd be inclined to participate now and then.  -Alex Wilson

Good to know.  Ray should get full price for his beer, anyway.

I'm thinking of setting a regular monthly day and seeing what happens.

Please spread the word if you know other locals who might be interested in an informal conversation about resilience in its many forms.  I can also be reached by email at [email protected] if that helps connect folks who are not -- or are not yet -- PP readers.

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
Spreading the word

Will do Amanda,

I suspect that the few folks that I know interested are already members of the Bratt group though.

Set a day of the month and time and I'll be there...  I love to get out of the house to prevent cabin fever.

Rgds

GM_Man

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Want to meet at McNeill's this Thursday or Friday evening?

I'm willing to come out if two other people will be there...let me know if you can make it, and I'll spread the word through this and local channels if we are in fact meeting.

How does 6pm sound?

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
McNeill's

I'll be there Amanda,

It will be a pleasure to meet  you.  6 PM if just fine.

Rgds,

GM_Man

Alex Wilson's picture
Alex Wilson
Happy Hour at McNeil's

I'm in New Haven speaking on resilience Thursday afternoon, not back until much later. Friday is a possibility--or next time ([email protected]).

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Friday it is. 6pm.

You'll know me from my photo.  Please feel free invite others who might be interested in the PP mindset even if they are not currently PP users.  I am looking forward to meeting you both!

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
Friday @ 6PM

I'll be there!

Amanda Witman's picture
Amanda Witman
Also, are either of you involved directly w/Post Oil Solutions?

Or anyone else on this list?  Or are you involved with any other local groups or initiatives where you might be able to recruit some folks to meet?  The only "ulterior motive" is to connect likeminded people locally.

GM_Man's picture
GM_Man
Post Oil Solutions

I am not involved with them at this time Amanda,

I am marginally aware of them.  Just too many projects on the plate as it is.

Rgds,

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments