Practice, practice, practice.....

thatchmo
By thatchmo on Mon, Jun 18, 2012 - 2:47am

Howdy all.  Just thought I'd populate the new group forum.   Had an absolutely attrocious day at the range yesterday.  No, nobody  hurt or anything.  I've been shooting with a group here for the last year or so, which is nice, as having a place to shoot here in Hawaii is a rare and cherished thing.  We had a USPSA competition yesterday and I expected to do reasonably well, or at least better than past shoots.  I usually end up scoring in upper half of my group.  But, when you only get out every 2 months or so, skills get rusty.  10 yards, 10- 5 & 6 inch discs, 40 rounds and still left one disc standing!  Arrrghhh!  Let's not even mention the dropped mags and the safety violation during a qualifying test...Maybe I should have just gone fishing instead...Did I say practice?  Aloha, Steve.

1 Comment

joesxm2011's picture
joesxm2011
good article

I was reading on the TPI forum and saw that Claude Werner posted a link to a recent article.  It seems to be a good discussion of how to move from square one forward on training.

I just skimmed it, but Claude has excellent credentials and usually writes good stuff.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm-columns/features/building-a-sequential-training-system/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments