Weekly Update 8.18.17

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Fri, Aug 18, 2017 - 9:02pm

6 Comments

DavidC's picture
DavidC
The collapse?

Hello Chris,

Another good video, the bees and butterflies must know how good a thing they are on to in your garden!

I read this article on ZeroHedge this morning (UK) - the cynical side of me says that if even the Rothschilds are now stating the market is at 'unprecedented' levels, whether they are now positioned and about to precipitate a, or 'the', crash.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-19/lord-rothschild-share-prices-ar...

DavidC

Lily Tomlin - 'No matter how cynical I get, it is impossible to keep up'.

Barnbuilder's picture
Barnbuilder
Media and Pollinators

Good update as usual. You hit the nail on the head with your observations on the propaganda we are being fed.  Seems clear to me this latest go round from Charlottesville to the destruction of historical monuments is an engineered ruse and somebody must be really worried so they have to construct a meme to lead people by the nose.

Great plantings you have. I planted zinnia's for the first time this year. The butterflies absolutely love them and I have seen butterflies in my yard like I saw when I was a little kid.  So maybe there is still hope, "plant it and they will come".  I'm saving the seed heads of the the dried plants so I can plant many more next year. Mason bees seem to like them also but they like a lot of of things and are great pollinators.  Milkweed will also be on the list a well as a few other things.  It is a small thing, but in my little corner of the world it is visibly helping these pollinating species to survive and hopefully thrive.  It also makes me very happy and gives me a closeness with my God and this magnificent beautiful place he has created and given to us. Good luck and blessings to all.

dcm's picture
dcm
The Super Generation

Great Piece Chris

And great to see you helping the Monarchs.

For a while I've thought our kids are like the fourth generation of Super Monarchs. The fourth generation is a super group because they "have to be" for no other reason but to make it back home to Mexico. Our kids are also handed a task never seen before by any other generation. And they have to win their home back to make it home.

My greatest respect for you comes from, as a scientist, your accurate synthesis of the complex physical world and the complex financial one. A financial world that claims it represents but is getting farther and farther pulled away from physical limits and physical reality of the physical world. It also comes from you emphasizing that nothing we tick or trick on an exchange floor, by itself,  will change what is happening to the ocean floor or anywhere else.   

Like we saw in the demographics of our last election, our kids have about had it with "the establishment" of either party. They are quicker to admit the ugly truth not only because they live them with insane education costs and pathetic work opportunities but because they WILL live them and worse for decades to come. Like the fourth generation, they know they have to fly farther just to make it out alive.

Grover's picture
Grover
Fourth Generation?
dcm wrote:

For a while I've thought our kids are like the fourth generation of Super Monarchs. The fourth generation is a super group because they "have to be" for no other reason but to make it back home to Mexico. Our kids are also handed a task never seen before by any other generation. And they have to win their home back to make it home.

dcm,

What is this "fourth generation"?

Grover

dcm's picture
dcm
Grover's picture
Grover
Newfound Appreciation

Thanks, dcm. I didn't know that Monarch Butterflies have their own Fourth Turning - every year. Species evolve with such interesting survival strategies.

Grover

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments