Front Yard Community Agriculture In Tampa (Y2B video)

newsbuoy
By newsbuoy on Sat, Jul 8, 2017 - 5:13pm

Taking CSA to the next level. This would be a great application for a micro-crypto payment app. Front yards on the block chain?

5 Comments

mntnhousepermi's picture
mntnhousepermi
Love this !

what en example, shows that people with a small yard could grow all their own greens

NickAdams10's picture
NickAdams10
Cool

I wish more neighborhoods were open to this sort of gardening. This neighborhood must be pretty relaxed without the crazy codes of some suburbs. Thanks for posting.

newsbuoy's picture
newsbuoy
More Front Lawn Farmers

?

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
edible lanscaping

Homeowner associations like my sons' locations can be a pain. If you can avoid buying a property in their clutches, like we did, so much the better. I believe edible landscaping is the solution for many homeowners (and renters to an extent), at least until we can do more obvious food growing in more serious, rules-lenient times. 

We have a beautiful cascade of greenery down a 3-ft raised bed's sides that is actually from sweet potatoes, and the leaves are edible and can be used like spinach. (pic)

We have a decorative grape arbor that yields more grapes than we can eat. We have beautiful yellow and white flowers in a flower bed populated with peanut plants and cilantro. Blue flowers dot our rosemary plants that we use as ground cover on a slope. A backdrop of asparagus ferns is behind a patch of red-leafed basil in bloom (looking much like a coleus patch) And more....all in the front yard. None of this would set off the most fussy homeowner association. 

Sharsta's picture
Sharsta
Hand Blocker for seed germination

I thought the video was great - it gave me more ideas for the front garden.

What really got me interested though was the soil blockers - something that I hadn't seen before - dropping one into the centre of another as the plant grows without disturbing the roots (an elegant idea IMHO).

Joys of the Internet - a short search and I have just ordered a set from Gundaroo Tillers (not far away).

Still in the depths of winter here (-5oC expected tonight) but this will (I hope!) give me a better chance of having a good seed germination rate come spring!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments