Congressional Hearing On The Fed

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Wed, Jun 28, 2017 - 11:25am

Today, Congress is holding a hearing titled "The Federal Reserve’s Impact on Main Street, Retirees, and Savings"

This is a must-watch event. So refreshing to see these important points raised to Congress:

14 Comments

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Dr Dynan

Strong job employment?   What stats does she look at?   The government counts any part time job as a job in the counts.   Part Time America.   That's a great economy!

KugsCheese's picture
KugsCheese
Congressman Hollingsworth?

Will he be pasted on social media for 'tallest dwarf comment'???

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Dynan an unapologetic shill
KugsCheese wrote:

Strong job employment?   What stats does she look at?   The government counts any part time job as a job in the counts.   Part Time America.   That's a great economy!

That woman is a complete shill for the central bank.  A perfect example of what Upton Sinclair was talking about (slightly updated by me):

“It is difficult to get a (wo)man to understand something, when his her salary depends on  his her not understanding it.”

A huge number of her statements were either provably wrong, badly misleading, or spurious.

Must be awful to be her, late at night, unable to sleep, wondering why she feels so empty inside.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
What a fascinating hearing!

This was amazing.  I am pouring through the transcripts right now...most of the experts are now honorary PP members!  They were all talking our book.

Makes you wonder how prevalent our views are, only the MSM is united in pretending that the central banker views are acceptable and debatably positive on balance.

The truth is that the Federal Reserve policies have been the most redistributive in our nation's history.  That's an assessment.  My assertion is that they will also prove to be the most destructive.  

thc0655's picture
thc0655
It's a "good thing" the herd doesn't pay attention to this stuff

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

Henry Ford

jslovely's picture
jslovely
Fed

Chris, watched the whole thing and sent the written materials to Adam. Dr. Dynan is a Fed shill and her written testimony is internally illogical and questionable. Rep. Brad Sherman just a parrot of Fed talking points. I can't even call him a sophist as that requires some rhetorical skills. The other 3 Ph.Ds were fantastic as were most of the Representatives who asked questions (save Sherman). Those who understand the destructive role of the Fed are more numerous than believed. I loved how they directly attacked the laughable notion that the Fed isn't political or under Congress' control.

ao's picture
ao
no conscience

Chris,

She sleeps like a baby.  She's a sociopath, like most of the rest of them. 

fabdave's picture
fabdave
Worth watching

It's a long video, but well worth the time investment. Congesman Emmer from MN is a rockstar for his testimony and tenacious questioning. Mr. Pollack had a great comment at 1:43:00 regarding currency debasement. 

Thanks to Adam and Chris for posting this one. 

blackeagle's picture
blackeagle
Must be awful to be her...

Must be awful to be her, late at night, unable to sleep, wondering why she feels so empty inside.

A few years ago, in a previous professional life, I got my share of personal attacks. I recall a conversation I had with someone external to the fight. She told me this:

They have no shame. This is the way they are. You are wasting your time trying to explain your points using logical arguments.

bj-brown's picture
bj-brown
It's not the herd!

It's not the herd that's the issue.  The problem is twofold:

1) So called educated people are not able to balance their checkbooks nor do they understand what happens when they flick their light switch.  You can't make reasonable decisions if you don't understand the basics.  hence we have competing "experts" (like the woman above) who can spout nonsense to intellectuals and they are too ignorant to immediately know they hear nonsense

2)  It depends on who benefits.  So the middle 50% are hosed because elites are taxing them to death to pay for programs for the "disadvantaged" that keep electing their puppets.  In the past 10 years we know the top of the middle class has been destroyed, moving income and assets from the top 80-95 to the 1%.  However, if, like this woman, you've been able to hold to the shirt tails of the 1%, you can maintain your upper class lifestyle as long as you do their bidding.  

Perhaps we should also consider that this scam political economy attracts sociopaths as it benefits those willing to do anything for their own advantage, regardless of consequences to others.  I suspect most of these people sleep well as long as their bosses are happy and their privileged positions secure.  The criminal classes often rationalize that "it's only business", "survival of the fittest"...

Broadspectrum's picture
Broadspectrum
END THE FED

Hi ya'all,

It most certainly was fasinating.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I listened to it twice and now said how can it be ignored.

3 of the 4 witnesses and the Congresspersons asking questions, except for 2 or 3 of them like Sherman, were magnificent and came as close as you can get to coming right out and saying, "END THE FED".   Where's Dr.KirbyLuv when you need him?  I'd be happy to take up that mantel. Because as he used to say, "End the Fed before it ends us".  We are seeing it happen right before our eyes...and yet very few sets of eyes are even open.

Well this gives me an example of what should be happening, an action that is FOR something instead of against something. And the reasons are obvious as stated by G. Edward Griffin himself  in his book, "The Creature from Jekyll Island", at the very end  (in my edition it is on page 588).

It is incapable of accomplishing its stated objectives.

It is a cartel operating against the public interest.

It is the supreme instrument of usury.

It generates our most unfair tax.

It encourages war.

It destabilizes the economy.

It is an instrument of totalitarianism. 

Nothing in Griffin's book has been challenged as inaccurate.  Read about this conspiracy for yourself.  We know it was a conspiracy because the men involved bragged about their accomplishment later on in their lives and in their auto-biorgaraphies and memoirs.  Every person needs to know this history.  Not knowing is one of the ways it is used against your best interests.

Broadspectrum

Broadspectrum's picture
Broadspectrum
END THE FED

Hi Adam,

I submitted a post on this thread over 2 hours ago.  What happened to it?  Why hasn't it posted?  Thank you.

Broadspectrum

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Unsure

Broadspectrum -

For some reason, our system suspected your earlier post was spam and diverted into our approval queue.

I've just approved it and see that it's live now.

cheers,
A

Adam Taggart's picture
Adam Taggart
Alex Pollock as a podcast guest

Good news!

After watching the live hearing, I reached out to Alex Pollock -- one of the four witnesses giving testimony. I really enjoyed his perspective and his blunt, direct manner of speaking.

I'm happy to report that Mr. Pollock has agreed to be a future guest on our Featured Voices podcast. We plan to record it in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to digging deeper into his thoughts on the Fed, the mess it has created, and what should be done to start diminishing its role in our society.

cheers,

A

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments