By mrees999 on Fri, May 12, 2017 - 12:41am

I don't know, but I've been told.

Now's a good time to buy and hold.

Good things are coming soon.

15 Comments

Jim H's picture
Jim H
I'm in...

waiting for my first tranche of ETH to clear on Coinbase (man, they are slow).  I will keep going.. Thanks Mark. 

MJB's picture
MJB
Coinbase

Yes Jim. My most recent transaction took two and a half days longer than they originally said. First time they have been late but ETH did arrive. 

Seeing a little pullback/consolidation here.. don't get scared now :)

mrees999's picture
mrees999
My Last target date was April 24. Followed by a double in price

Interesting.

All scamcoins take turns with rocket rides up and down. Yet eth (one of the few 'real' value tokens) that remains eerily silent.

methinks thou dost protest too much.

The spring is being set...

I'll bet you wish to know the new date it springs.  

Mwahahaha

MJB's picture
MJB
Mwahahaha

My fault mrees and JimH. Looking at BTC not ETH.

Congrats on the BTC Gold race to $2,000 post. Over 50 comments and great discussion there. I'll stand by BTC will hit 2k before gold but I wouldn't mind eating crow either.. Good time to own both :-)

I had another conversation today at the Cardinals vs Cubs baseball game. Only solidified my thinking that BTC/alt coins are in their infancy. No bubbles for awhile based on gen pops involvement/investment but interest is there.

Why do Americans always wait and buy at the high? Cultural? 

skipr's picture
skipr
buy and hold

I decided to get onto the ETH train, so I sold a few other investments and will buy some more ETH soon.  ETH will then be 25% of my crypros' present dollar value and 75% will be in BTC.  I think I'll keep that ratio since BTC is still the only crypto I can buy "regular" things with.  I may even exchange a few BTCs for DASH and just hold them all.  The one thing I learned this last year is that the quickest way to loose money is to play the exchange game.

mrees999's picture
mrees999
The Importance of a Hard Wallet

I recommend getting a Ledger Nano S to keep your funds there. It can handle Sub Tokens like Golem too. When new ICO's come out that you love, chances are it is on the Ethereum network and you can store those on the nano as well. I don't think the other wallets.  The store it somewhere not near you so it's a pain to get. That will keep you from trading and spend a pain and give you time to verify it's the smartest move. Sometimes it best to cool off before making a decision

mrees999's picture
mrees999
HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE

Buckle up.

Jim H's picture
Jim H
ETH $102+.. is there news?

?

mrees999's picture
mrees999
The surge I've been predicting

Remember when I predicted the April 24 surge?  This might be bigger.  EEA announcement on Monday. This is all the front runners buying in cheap. Another Double?

Jim H's picture
Jim H
It's broad based though....

NEM +30%. Bitshares flying.. what are these things?

https://coinmarketcap.com/

mrees999's picture
mrees999
Speculation

Most of the coins are wild speculation. I don't find anything of merit on many of these but they will get tailwind effects from the big ones. A lot of people want to buy ones based on momentum and psychology if getting a lot of smaller valued coins for their dollars in hopes of another BTC or Etherum boom.

But they fail to look at the total supply and look at the valuation of these scam coins and loose touch with reality.  They are doing any kind of match to equate the total supply of etherem at 90 million compared to 10 BILLION of the other which are centralized and no viable product. It's completely dumb money and a craps table. Still, a lot of early money will feed off from the dumb money chasing them and buy the time it's spiked, it's likely over and the whack a mole guessing begins for the people not coordinating the pumps. They are an organized secretive bunch.

Research them well. Many are likely ponzi schemes. Ask youself what it can do that bitcoin\ethereum can't. They won't have the platform, developers, network effect - they are likely worthless and one day people will realize that with some unlucky few holding the bag.  The 'greater fool' argument is valid if there's not a compelling reason to purchase and own these. The argument couldn't fly very well after the few couple of years with bitcoin as it build a network around 'believers' that then made it become useful over time. It could do what wasn't possible before (send bearer instruments to anywhere on the internet without need for a bank, or third party). Now we have that. Etherum can do that, plus smart contracts and is much faster with less bottleneck with an amazing growth of big industry players, it will do microtransactions with upgrades coming very shortly. 

If the big claim to fame is payments? Been there, done that. 

Go through coinmarketcap historical snapshots and you'll see almost all the top 20 coins change from month to month, and there is always a crashing short-lived start except for the top three of four. Many coins get pumped to make a brief appearance before the next shiny object appears and people rush to the new thing. That said, there are interesting application tokens that are novel and the token sale is part of its own ecosystem and pays for development.  Storj coming up is interesting.

For most the coins on the list - 

If you don't know who the patsy is.  It's you.

Michael_Rudmin's picture
Michael_Rudmin
Okay, is there a wallet that handles ALL the different coins

If most of the coins are speculation as you say, and if Dave Fairtex is right that something in 2nd Gen is bound to take the lead later, and if the speculative valuos vary as wildly as I've seen posted here, then the proper speculative position would be to take a small holding in each.

Then hold half of each position, and dollar average with the other half.

Therefore, I'd like to ask: is there a wallet that handles everything at once?

mrees999's picture
mrees999
Ledger Nano S

The Hard Wallet I choose is the Ledger Nano S.

The second gen is Etherum. over 80% of the new tokens are going to be 'layered"  on top of ethereum (They are called ERC20 compliant), This is already turning out to be the 'go to' platform. Ethereum is Far, Far, more than just another coin. - it's creating its own ecosystem and increasingly all the major corporations are using it. That's a big reason you're seeing its price already rise 1000% in the last five months,

The Nano handles all of the ERC20 tokens, plus bitcoin \ dash \ litecoin and a few of the big names that build on the Bitcoin - type 'dumb token'.  I'm starting to think to take a small position in many may pay off if you just sell them when they go vertical, and return the mean and wait for the next, and repeat. You just need to watch it carefully because you never know which one will pop next.  

I recommend keep most in Eth \ BTC as the somewhat (relative) base for a majority of funds and no more than 1% in each of your "gaming" coins. Good luck.

mrees999's picture
mrees999
BOOOM! I hope you were paying attention.

Get ready for an exciting week. Now the news is beginning after a weekend of insiders warming up.

Now watch the dumb money rush in without a clue of what they are buying. With your massive gain in ethereum this week, get ready for the fresh ICO picking next. 

Life is good,

yes  cool

Tycer's picture
Tycer
Ready

Yes sir. Listening.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments