Some blockchain class videos - part one of a 10 part series.

mrees999
By mrees999 on Fri, Mar 10, 2017 - 11:29pm

Hello all.  I'm developing a course that is a 10 part 16 hour course.  This is just a simple webcam view I took to evaluate and tweak as I improve it.

Let me know what you think.  Part one is teaching them about the nature of money and sets up the point of view where one could view cryptocurrencies as money. It's kind of a beginning point for anybody to get a grasp of how this can all work. It lays the foundation for what follows.

Thanks!

-Mark

6 Comments

MJB's picture
MJB
Thanks!

Thank you for posting, enjoyed it and looking forward to part two! Sound came through very clear, pics a little grainy but with explanation was able to get the gist.

mrees999's picture
mrees999
Blockchain class part 2 - Building bitcoin over two decades.

mrees999's picture
mrees999
coming soon

coming soon

nw-reader's picture
nw-reader
Excellent presentations

In these initial two segments I really like two things that you have done:

1)  Remind viewers about "the day that money almost died".  It's understandable that the man on the street might never have been aware of how dire things were on September 19, 2008, but it's really shocking how quickly many leaders in government and industry have dismissed the seriousness of the situation that the U.S. (and the world) faced that day.  As a small amateur investor, I was watching several financial and economic indicators that day that reflected the level of trust among banks and nations, and they were literally headed "off the charts" in the wrong direction as trust rapidly melted away.  That crisis made it clear to me that, despite our many rules, institutions, etc., it's all about trust.  When trust goes away, everything else starts falling like a house of cards.

2)  Weave together a description of how the technical aspects of crypto-currency work together to provide a very satisfactory, even superior, vehicle that exceeds the requirements that must be achieved to serve as money.  It's fascinating to see how the structure of the blockchain appears to provide a reliability which might prove more trustworthy during a crisis than most of our existing financial structures.

Are lessons three and later available yet?

mrees999's picture
mrees999
Part 3 of 10

Well, since you asked. Here's part three. - Some history lessons to capture some of the crazy times of bitcoin's early days.

Remember that these were only recorded with a simple webcam requested by a friend and weren't recorded for a wide audience over the internet so please views in that light.  Still, hope you enjoy.

Thanks

nw-reader's picture
nw-reader
Another good presentation

Mrees,

Another very informative presentation.  I had read about most of those personalities in this third segment before, but it was good to have you fill in more about their backgrounds and how they interacted with each other.  I hope you'll keep these videos coming.

I'll be particularly interested in the segments that explain the mechanics of the different levels of currency, tokens, ICOs, etc. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a lot of that.  In the meantime, do you want to share any links to posts that do a good job of explaining those mechanics to newbies like me?

Thanks,
nw-reader

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments