White House Petition: Treat Gold & Silver As Equal Money

Adam Taggart
By Adam Taggart on Tue, Jan 24, 2017 - 3:50pm

An online petition has been started stating that:

We The People request the new administration Make Money Great Again; that gold and silver may freely be used as money alongside United States dollars.

The Constitution explicitly recognizes gold and silver as money. We therefore petition that:

- All tax discrimination against gold and silver must cease, including the removal of all capital gains tax on holdings of, and transactions in gold and silver, and;

- That all impediments to using gold and silver as constitutionally-recognized money be removed.

We Petition the Administration to sign this Executive Order to Make Money Great Again

If 100,000 signatures are received by Feb 23, 2017, the White House is required to respond.

To add your name to this petition, click here.

9 Comments

davefairtex's picture
davefairtex
equal money petition

Signed!

BBrady's picture
BBrady
Equal Money Petition

Me too!

sand_puppy's picture
sand_puppy
Me too

Sounds good.  And if you guys recommend it....

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Wow..

Awesome petition.. awesome ideas. 

On a related note... while central banks would have you believe that Gold is no longer part of the monetary system.. I learned recently that as part of the formation of the Euro (and the ECB) in 1999, 15% of the reserves transferred from the member states was required to be Gold.  Really? Gold was still money in 1999?  Hmmmmm?

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/who-owns-the-worlds-larges...

Another exception is the European Central Bank (ECB). In January 1999, when the Euro was first introduced and the then newly established ECB became responsible for a common monetary policy in the Euro area, each national central bank (NCB) participating in the Euro was required to transfer foreign reserves to the ECB so as to populate the ECB’s balance sheet with foreign reserves. Each NCB transfer was required to be in the form of 15% gold, and 85% in a combination of US dollars and Japanese yen. The initial NCB transfers in 1999 provided the ECB with 750 tonnes of gold, but left the combined gold holdings of participating NCBs and the ECB unchanged. These ECB’s foreign reserves, including gold, which now total 5050 tonnes, are managed on a decentralised basis by the NCBs. See BullionStar blog European Central Bank gold reserves held across 5 locations. ECB will not disclose Gold Bar List” for full details.

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Not sure it's working...

I just signed, and when I did this is what the counter was showing:

I rather doubt I was the first...  :)

Jim H's picture
Jim H
Not on the radar yet...

I  could not find this petition among the others listed as, "live".. it may just be too new.  Here's some language I found that may explain;

The White House reserves the right to change the time limits and signature thresholds and apply them to petitions created after the change has been published to this “Current thresholds” section:

AS OF JANUARY 15, 2013:

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

May not even have the first 150 sig's yet.. I added mine : )

MJB's picture
MJB
Same thing

I signed and got the same thing Chris did.

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Me too

...and no email to confirm I'm a real person.  Manipulation?!

I found my confirmation email in my spam file and clicked on the link to confirm my signature.  I got a message saying my signature was confirmed and counted.  Then I went back and there was still only 1 signee.  This reminds me of the time the orderlies put me in a padded, round room and told me to sit in the corner.  cheeky

Barnbuilder's picture
Barnbuilder
Same Here, Maybe spam?

Could this be spam or phishing?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments