What to do with an old car
My sister bought an old Mercedes, 2003 C250 less than a year ago that we are sharing. This car is still operational but has several problems. I am trying to figure out the best way to make use / dispose of this car.
1. Check engine light is on - I was told that a prior check suggested that the catalytic converter needs replacement
2. Gear box occasionally drops gear or fail to shift
3. Central locking doesn't work for all doors
4. License plate lamp needs replacing
5. Some internal furniture wear & tear
My sister said that the mechanic wanted $380 to do diagnostics alone.
I'm a young guy of 27 years old, have little money to spend for major repairs. The car is currently in south bay. What do you guys think are good options?