A new Martenson Report is ready for enrolled members.
- Why creating inflation is our official policy.
- Deflation would destroy our economy, our financial system, our hopes, and our dreams.
- For budgets and pensions to be repaired, we badly need a return of economic growth. Or inflation of our asset markets. Or both.
- The flood of liquidity that we’ve been tracking is very real and is distorting prices for all financial assets.
- This ‘recovery’ is a gift. Use the time wisely.
A constant debate rages over whether we will ultimately head down an inflationary path or get sucked into a deflationary whirlpool. In fact, the most common question I am asked at my public talks is whether the future will consist of inflation or deflation. So I thought we’d spend a bit more time on the subject here.
While I can’t tell you which will happen for certain, I can tell you that the inflationary path is infinitely preferred over deflation by our fiscal and monetary authorities. Given their druthers, we’d most definitely head down a path of inflation. While a renewed bout of deflation may be in our future, it is simply not among the acceptable range of policy options.
Click the above link to read this report. Comment settings have been disabled on this blog post to allow all relevant comments to remain with the report.&See the Martenson Report content box on the main page or the report itself to view comments.
Please note that the full report is available only to enrolled members. To enroll, please click here.