Three people were arrested in connection with the shootings. A 28-year-old man was charged with murder and will appear in court Saturday morning local time. Two others were arrested on suspicion of possession of firearms. Police were investigating their ties to the incident, New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said.
The furor highlights once again the speed at which graphic and disturbing content from a tragedy can spread around the world and how Silicon Valley tech giants are still grappling with how to prevent that from happening.
British tabloid newspapers such as The Daily Mail and The Sun posted screenshots and video snippets on their websites.
May’s ultimatum appeared to be a last-minute threat to hardline Brexiteers — those members of Parliament (MPs) who keep voting down her deal but also want a decisive break with the EU. She’s basically warning them to get behind her plan or risk giving Parliament more time to figure out something else that will be far less desirable to them — like a softer Brexit, or a second referendum vote.
“Interestingly, we have also found this same correlation between individuals who believe that poor people should be treated with kindness, and those who believe Palestinians are human beings,” added Overton. “We found a direct, causal and completely ubiquitous correlation between sympathy for impoverished and Palestinian people, a hatred of Jews, and an unwavering loyalty to Mother Russia.”
How to Win a ‘Fifth-Generation’ War (Thomas R.)
So how do you beat a fifth-gen enemy? By not fighting, first of all. Beebe says ending the vortex of violence in Africa means alleviating “the conditions of human beings that create these insecurities across state borders.” In other words, focus on economic development, humanitarian assistance and communication, with nary an M-16 or Abrams tank in sight.
The Trump Phenomenon as Seen in Europe (Aaron M.)
There were some other lessons learned from Carnival. Post-Christian Europe is continuing to hang on to some vestiges of the Ancient Faith. I was amazed when the speaker at the final ceremony on Martedi Grasso introduced the finalists for Carnival Queen as being young women exemplary for their “Christian virtues and beauty.” I turned to my wife and commented how much I would like to hear similar words once in a while in the United States at a public gathering.
Hotz it would appear is one of the believers, or so he would have the crowd at SXSW think. The 29-year-old entrepreneur, who rose to notoriety as a teenager when he became the first hacker to unlock the first-generation iPhone, has always has been an off-the-wall, outside-the-box thinker in the buttoned-up, anodyne world of Silicon Valley.
As hardware has converged around the last few generations of ASICs, profit depends primarily on the price of electricity; rates vary widely around the world, so miners flock to low-cost areas. Only around 60 percent of the cost of electricity, though, comes from its generation; the other 40 percent is due to the transmission and distribution infrastructure. Sensing an opportunity, entrepreneurs in the U.S. are helping cut energy costs with standalone power plants for bit-mining applications.
Global Oil Demand Can Only Increase (Uncletommy)
Now the 3rd largest oil consumer, India’s demand continues to swell as well, with gasoline sales up 15% in the first half of this year alone. And as personal incomes rise, more family befitting cars will continually replace the motorcycles and scooters that rule the streets. Still perhaps the most potentially Earth-shattering energy demand statistic that you will come across: India has 380 million children under the age of 15, or more latent consumers than Australia, Canada, and the U.S. have people combined. Youth is India’s secret weapon.
Those include documents like the Codex Alimentarius, a set of international food standards produced by the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and WHO. The Codex includes information on how to assess the food safety of genetically modified organisms, whether microbe, plant, or animal.
Despite this, its updated Climate Change “Action” Plan, released three weeks ago, has QBE continuing to support the expansion of coal, oil and gas infrastructure through both its insurance and investment activities for years to come. If global warming is putting your entire business model at risk, your revenues under constant pressure and making your product unaffordable — the least you could do is stop making it worse.
Gold & Silver
Provided daily by the Peak Prosperity Gold & Silver Group
Article suggestions for the Daily Digest can be sent to [email protected]. All suggestions are filtered by the Daily Digest team and preference is given to those that are in alignment with the message of the Crash Course and the “3 Es.”