What Comes After a Trillion?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
What Comes After a Trillion?

We have read this here, but Jim's intro I liked, a lot!

Also check out the Marks to buy dollars chart.

WHAT COMES AFTER A TRILLION?

Chris Martenson has a great website. He does a great job analyzing our predicament is a very scholarly way. He never calls anyone a moron or numbskull. So be it. He posts all my articles on his site, so he is OK in my book. Below he paints a bleak future for the US and a bright future for gold and silver. There is no other conclusion. 

For those who want to know the answer to the question above, it is quadrillion. That bit of knowledge will come in handy in about 5 years when it costs $1 quadrillion to buy a loaf of bread.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: What Comes After a Trillion?

What comes after a trillion?

Collapse.

JAG's picture
JAG

"He posts all my articles on his site...."?

I guess that is why I haven't read the Daily Digest in a long, long time.

guardia's picture
guardia

2 trillions, 4 trillions, 8 trillions... see, it grows exponentially!

But what I am really interested in knowing is, at what point do people realize everything's broken? I guess the question should be about public sentiment. After how many digits will people start to feel really uncomfortable? 100 trillions? I have no good estimates unfortunately... Here in Japan, the government just passed like, 800 trillion yens (officially), that's like 10 trillion dollars, for less than half of the population of America, and everybody's fine and jolly. No runs on the gold stores...

I am looking forward to next week/month to see how many trillions Europe will try to pass over this time... I sure hope it will hurt their credit lines, a bit of official printing finally :)

Samuel

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Davos's picture
Davos

Thought the table of gold prices from the 1900's needed some more exposure. I wanted to emphasize that those waiting for the last minute might get priced out. It was the first time I had seen that, apparently it has made the rounds on a lot of gold bug sites.

idoctor's picture
idoctor

Me thinks what comes after any trillion is a lot of trouble.

Ok Peter Schiff thinks Gold will be at a 1:1 ratio with the dow. Sounds good to me but what sounds more rational to guys around here? He said if the Dow is 5000 then Gold would be 5000 or 10,000 dow to 10,000 Gold. I guess I am having trouble seeing Gold at 5000 to 10,000. I would think they would cross more at 3000 or 4000. I guess these numbers could be anything if they print like crazy but one would think somehow they will not get so carried away.....but then again look at the cast of characters we are dealing with LOL.

guardia's picture
guardia

At one point, it's not about how much they print, but how much the economy needs to function, period... when everyone expects prices to raise by 30% every month, someone's going to make more profit, and they in turn will expect their income to raise by 30% every month, and we go round and round like this, and that's it. That's hyperinflation

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments