Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Suspicious packages 'contain explosive material,' Obama says

Suspicious packages 'contain explosive material,' Obama says

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/29/security.concern/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

OK

So what is the set up here? Look at these quotes:

"We also know that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula ... continues to plan attacks against our homeland, our citizens, and our friends and allies," he said during a press briefing on the incident.

UPS announced Friday that it is "immediately suspending service out of Yemen until further notice," citing the security concerns.

A spokesman for FedEx, which does not have operations in Yemen, said the shipping company is enforcing an embargo on packages coming from the country "for the foreseeable future."

"We are urgently considering what steps need to be put in place regarding security of freight originating from Yemen," she said. "For security reasons, there are currently no direct flights from Yemen to the UK."

I get the strong feeling we are being 'prepped' for something.

jneo's picture
jneo
Re: Suspicious packages 'contain explosive material,' Obama ...

Probably being prepped for another false flag operation.  I'm guessing Blackwater or Mossad again.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

I wonder if they'll start a pat down of UPS packages, instead of MY package?Tongue out

No really, yesterday morning there was a full page article on both CNN.com and MSNBS.com in which they were saying "flyers be prepared for new pat down proceedures, whether you like it or not!" (paraphrased).  And then...this happens.  I don't believe in coincedences anymore and neither should you.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

As I said, this is what they're planning for:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39923961#39923961

So now there will be "heavily armed presence" in airports! 

This should piss people off, but it won't.  Read the comments sections of the articles on the MSM....idiots/sheep.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

I wonder if they'll start a pat down of UPS packages, instead of MY package?Tongue out

LoL

You know Logan there is probably a whole website dedicated to that...somewhere.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Looks like the innards of a mobile phone to me....  I heard the explosives were packed in ink cartridges at this end of the world.  So what's all this??  More distractions from reality??

Sam's picture
Sam

The TSA announces a new attack on the 4th amendment, the people begin to grumble, magically a terrible new terrorist threat appears. Anyone surprised?

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Johnny Oxygen wrote:

LoL

You know Logan there is probably a whole website dedicated to that...somewhere.

Perhaps we can get some creepy looking dudes to go through the lines and make some highly inappropriate noises (think of the memorable scene from "When Harry Met Sally") as they're receiving their patdown search.  Have each one of them arrive 4 hours early so they can go through the checkpoints at least 3 or 4 times.  Keep this up and in time I think TSA will be seeing some employee retension problems Wink

And with today's high unemployment, I'm sure it won't be hard to find some willing to do this for $10/hour and a free plane ticket.  Heck, for that kind of entertainment I can spare $50 and some frequent flyer miles Laughing 

- Nickbert

rowmat's picture
rowmat
You guys haven't heard of the 'October Surprise'?

And it came just in time for the mid-term elections!

I just won $10 from a friend of mine betting this kind of scenario would occur before the end of October.

So with another fake bin Laden tape released two days ago and now this they're really showing just how desperate they are to try and convince the sheeple to keep the incumbents in power.

Of course the next thing on the agenda will be the US bringing 'democracy' to Yemen! Undecided

And what's that word the bankers and the Military Industrial Complex cannot stand to hear uttered?... oh yeah..."Peace".

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

So the real question is this. What is in Yemen that the US wants? Is it oil, gold, strategic location or what?

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Yemen

A rather strategically located country just ripe for the introduction of 'democracy' don't you think?

Google 'Yemen' and see what website comes up as number three on the Google search.

1st is WikiPedia

2nd is Google images

3rd is....?

That should give you a clue as to what's in store for Yemen! Wink

Johnny Oxygen wrote:

So the real question is this. What is in Yemen that the US wants? Is it oil, gold, strategic location or what?

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated

It looks like Yemen would an easier takeover than Iran.  Then all you do is run an oil pipeline right to the Arabian Sea and bypass the Strait of Hormuz.  But, do we really know how much oil the Saudi's have?  Reminds me of fighting your way through a store at Christmas to get the last popular toy on the shelf only to find out when you get home that it's broken.  What was it Bush Sr said about fighting for our lifestyle when he took on Iraq?  But this is all a moot point when the Chinese, Japanese, etc decide to call for marking US Treasuries to market value. You can't run a military without money.

VeganD's picture
VeganD

LogansRun wrote:

No really, yesterday morning there was a full page article on both CNN.com and MSNBS.com in which they were saying "flyers be prepared for new pat down proceedures, whether you like it or not!" (paraphrased).  And then...this happens.  I don't believe in coincedences anymore and neither should you.

“Starting tomorrow, we’re going to start searching your crotchal area”

November 1st, 2010

Via: The Atlantic:

LR

Right on target!

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Just to be sure I have this right...they knew about the packages, tracked them, but ultimately somebody made the decision to let the planes fly here with bombs on board.  The planes left from one of the most lawless, American-hating places on earth.

Now I have to submit to a full pat-down if I want to board a plane in Casper Wyoming?  

Well that makes sense.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

I want to add one other thing. This may just be my kooky brian but look at the way the circuit board is connected to the cabinet in the picture I provided. Doesn't it seem like it was intentionally made to look 'homemade'? I mean why not just use washers on the screws rather that three different carefully cut out pieces of metal? It really seems to be trying to hard to look amatuerish.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Oh my, so THAT'S what they meant by "suspicious package" Laughing

- Nickbert

P.S.- How long do you think it'll take for The Daily Show to start mining this for every ounce of comedy gold they can? I say two weeks, tops.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Pakistan al Qaeda Aids Yemen Plots

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704805204575594672841436244.html?mod=ITP_pageone_4

Some officials said the release of a bin Laden audiotape last week might have been the signal for AQAP to set the package-bomb plot in motion, though others said it was too soon to tell whether there was a direct connection.

So they work together to make bombs and plan strikes but when it comes time to initiate a strike then the signal will be when Bin Laden releases a tape world wide? Why not just initiate the strike?

Officials say it is unclear how the various threat streams were connected. Officials say militant groups appeared to be looking for targets aligned with bin Laden's objectives.

"Everyone is playing in concert with his larger guidance," a senior U.S. official said. "This is part of their long-term strategy."

Keep fear alive! Remember "officials" are saying this so it must be true.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, the top Republican on the House intelligence committee, said senior al Qaeda leaders hiding in Pakistan rely increasingly on affiliates like AQAP to carry out operations because U.S. pressure has made it harder for them to act unilaterally.

So is all this a set up for an excuse to 'liberate' Pakistan?

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
U.S. deploying drones in Yemen to hunt for Al-Qaeda, has yet to

U.S. deploying drones in Yemen to hunt for Al-Qaeda, has yet to fire missiles

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/06/AR2010110604454.html?hpid=topnews

U.S. officials said the Predators have been patrolling the skies over Yemen for several months in search of leaders and operatives of the group al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP.

...The deployment also represents an attempt by the Obama administration to reinvigorate a campaign that has gone without a visible U.S. strike for nearly six months.

Oh...so we have been over there months before this 'suspicious package' incident? Interesting.

Instead, Yemen has asked the administration to speed up shipment of promised helicopters and other equipment for its own use, and to recognize the backlash that a more visible U.S. campaign could cause. A U.S. defense official said plans were being made to nearly double military aid, to $250 million, in 2011.

Ah. Yemen should read a little history about how the US gets its foot in the door to other countries and not be so short sighted and naive.

U.S. officials described a major buildup of intelligence and lethal assets already underway, including the arrival of additional CIA teams and up to 100 Special Operations force trainers, and the deployment of sophisticated surveillance and electronic eavesdropping systems operated by spy services including the National Security Agency.

Holy Cats! Here we go. Circle the wagons around Iran and get your armies in place.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Well I guess WikiLeaks has answered my own question here:

WikiLeaks: Yemen covered up US drone strikes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/yemen/8166610/WikiLeaks-Yemen-covered-up-US-drone-strikes.html

Amid public distrust of the US in Yemen, officials in both countries have stated publicly that the Yemeni government is leading the fight against Islamist militants.

On Nov 16, US Defence Secretary Robert Gates said providing equipment and training to Yemeni security forces was the best way to counter the threat posed by jihadists.

But, according to a leaked document from January, Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh told Gen David Petraeus, then commander of US forces in the Middle East, that: "We'll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours." The conversation was reported in a diplomatic cable sent back to Washington by a US diplomat in Yemen.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

WikiLeaks cables: Yemen offered US 'open door' to attack al-Qaida on its soil

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/03/wikileaks-yemen-us-attack-al-qaida

Few countries in the Arab world would voluntarily invite the United States military within their borders, but in 2009 the president of Yemen did exactly that—in secret, of course. According to the cables released by WikiLeaks, President Ali Abdullah Saleh informed the U.S. that its forces had unrestricted access to his country to run unilateral strikes against suspected al Qaeda targets. "I have given you an open door on terrorism,” he told Washington in September 2009, “so I am not responsible.” In practice, however, access has been somewhat restricted, and Saleh publicly denied American involvement to assuage his domestic critics. Still, the U.S. conducted two separate attacks on Yemeni soil last December, killing dozens of civilians along with wanted terrorists. "We'll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours," Saleh told the U.S. at the time.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Damnthematrix wrote:

Looks like the innards of a mobile phone to me....  I heard the explosives were packed in ink cartridges at this end of the world.  So what's all this??  More distractions from reality??

I am absolutely 100% certain that is it is a cell phone circuit board. I have designed cell phones before and a cursory look at it tells me without a doubt that it is. 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Johnny Oxygen wrote:

I want to add one other thing. This may just be my kooky brian but look at the way the circuit board is connected to the cabinet in the picture I provided. Doesn't it seem like it was intentionally made to look 'homemade'? I mean why not just use washers on the screws rather that three different carefully cut out pieces of metal? It really seems to be trying to hard to look amatuerish.

The lack of washers is not what bothers me. What bothers me is:

a. There are only two wires coming from the circuit board. I expect 4. Two for the battery, and two for the audio which I assume would be the triggering current. It would be stupid to use anything but audio.. 

b. The antenna is missing. Judging from the components and the shield technology, this is an older phone. The antenna, while internal to the phone, runs along the axis of the PCB (printed circuit board assembly) inside the mechanical housing and MUST, and I cannot more strongly emphasize this, MUST be connected by a 50 ohm coaxial cable (or the power losses in it can, and will exceed 95%). 

I see neither. Perhaps the antenna is on the other side of the board but that presents just as serious an issue. 

If it is then it is sandwiched between two metal barriers. The aluminum chassis that you see, and the solid copper ground plane (sandwiched within the PCB) that you don't see. That too would make the antenna ineffective as radio waves cannot permeate metallic structures, at all. 

As an electrical engineer with 15 years experience in RF circuits, microwave systems, communications, and digital design, this "suspicious" package in indeed SUSPICIOUS. 

Just not in the way that it was presented to us. 

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
US withdraws diplomats from Yemen amid clashes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13556349?om_rid=DT6vbd&om_mid=_BN3kkMB8bZ78BU

The US has ordered all its non-essential diplomats and family members of embassy staff to leave Yemen as fighting there escalates.

The clashes began on Monday after forces loyal to President Saleh moved against the compound of Hashid leader Sheikh Sadiq al-Ahmar.

Medical sources told the BBC that 54 people - including Ahmar supporters, women and children - had died in fierce fighting, as well as 18 government soldiers.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Al Qaeda group tightens grip on Yemen coastal town

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/29/us-yemen-idUSTRE73L1PP20110529?om_rid=DT6vbd&om_mid=_BN4kEAB8bb2Tqd

(Reuters) - An al Qaeda group tightened its grip on a Yemeni coastal town while in the capital Sanaa a truce was holding on Sunday to end nearly a week of deadly street fighting that threatened to ignite a civil war.

Opposition leaders charged President Ali Abdullah Saleh with allowing the city of Zinjibar, on the Gulf of Aden, to fall to the militants in order to raise alarm in the region that would in turn translate to support for the president.

...The United States and Saudi Arabia, both targets of foiled attacks by the AQAP, are worried that growing chaos could embolden the militant group. 

Yemen borders Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil exporter, and sits along a shipping lane where about 3 million barrels of oil pass daily.

The United States is concerned that tribal rivalries are complicating efforts to reach a power transfer deal and believes al Qaeda is trying to exploit instability there, senior U.S. officials said on Saturday.

Hmmmm...Ironic

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/world/middleeast/09intel.html?_r=2&om_rid=DT6vbd&om_mid=_BN8LznB8bnDoZA

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

The acceleration of the American campaign in recent weeks comes amid a violent conflict in Yemen that has left the government in Sana, a United States ally, struggling to cling to power. Yemeni troops that had been battling militants linked to Al Qaeda in the south have been pulled back to the capital, and American officials see the strikes as one of the few options to keep the militants from consolidating power.

...The extent of America’s war in Yemen has been among the Obama administration’s most closely guarded secrets, as officials worried that news of unilateral American operations could undermine Mr. Saleh’s tenuous grip on power. Mr. Saleh authorized American missions in Yemen in 2009, but placed limits on their scope and has said publicly that all military operations had been conducted by his own troops.

Al Qaeda’s affiliate in Yemen is believed by the C.I.A. to pose the greatest immediate threat to the United States, more so than even Qaeda’s senior leadership believed to be hiding in Pakistan. The Yemen group has been linked to the attempt to blow up a transatlantic jetliner on Christmas Day 2009 and last year’s plot to blow up cargo planes with bombs hidden inside printer cartridges.

Love that last paragragh. There's a boogeyman there so its justified.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
  Johnny O.     Why are

Johnny O.

Why are surprised ? Didn't Logans Run  tell us this was on the Bilderberg agenda ?        And.... Krazy Korean Kim , what a perfect person to get cranked up .

FM

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
hehe Yep just trying to keep

hehe

Yep just trying to keep this thread updated. Its interesting to read back and see how things have transpired.

How is the Kombucha coming?

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
  Kombucha .. doing its

Kombucha .. doing its thing .. still cloudy .. Did not know they like a quiet place .  Anyway   I should have a couple gallons soon .     Tried Wild Prairies Ginger batch and it  tastes better than it looks .   I am going to have send out a message for wine drinkers to save me their bottles .

Keefer water is our next  adventure .   

Talk about HEHE ..  did you hear the gal talking on the radio about the  cute little Apple symbol with a bite out of it .    How appropriate that could end up being .

FM

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Full Moon wrote:   Johnny

Full Moon wrote:

Johnny O.

Why are surprised ? Didn't Logans Run  tell us this was on the Bilderberg agenda ?        And.... Krazy Korean Kim , what a perfect person to get cranked up .

FM

Nah, he told us we were going to attack Iran before the election last November.  Or was it that Israel was going to sink the Iranian ships that were on their way to Syria as soon as they exited the Suez Canal?  You know, the ships that made a port visit and returned to Iran.

Whoops.........

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
U.S. assembling secret drone bases in Africa, Arabian Peninsula,

U.S. assembling secret drone bases in Africa, Arabian Peninsula, officials say

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-building-secret...

The Obama administration is assembling a constellation of secret drone bases for counterterrorism operations in the Horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula as part of a newly aggressive campaign to attack al-Qaeda affiliates in Somalia and Yemen, U.S. officials said.

The U.S. military also has flown drones over Somalia and Yemen from bases in Djibouti, a tiny African nation at the junction of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. In addition, the CIA is building a secret airstrip in the Arabian Peninsula so it can deploy armed drones over Yemen.

The rapid expansion of the undeclared drone wars is a reflection of the growing alarm with which U.S. officials view the activities of al-Qaeda affiliates in Yemen and Somalia, even as al-Qaeda’s core leadership in Pakistan has been weakened by U.S. counterterrorism operations.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments