Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) got it right 15 years ago

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) got it right 15 years ago

This was on Andrew Tobias this morning (http://andrewtobias.com/). 
Note the date in the article below. Even with 14 years of warning, no one did anything to stop this disaster. This train wreck was foreseen but no one in our government did anything to stop it. Both Democrats and Republicans are to blame. I think they live in a parallel universe out there!

For those with 10 minutes for rueful hindsight, here is Senator Dorgan – in 1994 – anticipating the current financial crisis and trying to avert it.

Very risky business - derivatives - Cover Story

Washington Monthly ,  Oct, 1994 by Byron L. Dorgan

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_n10_v26/ai_15818783

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) got it right 15 years ago

thanks? for the post sam

it is eerie that just like 9/11 (no one could have imagined planes being used as weapons)

no one  could have seen this coming. not paulson, not rubin and of course the maestro himself.

as for the maestro i have revised my suggestion for the rest of his days on the planet.

some may recall i favored kubarking him in lieu of a bullet to the head.

well as this situation continues i am leaning towards a bastille somewhere with a bunch of relatives named bubba having liberal visiting priveliges.

i am also in favor of keeping the door ajar for future inmates .......paulson, bernanke, geithner, rubin etc and anyone of our elected officials who votes for a world currency.

i think i have made the leap from "conspiracy theorist" to raving whacked out militia of one

now where did i put my soma

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

joe2baba wrote:

thanks? for the post sam

it is eerie that just like 9/11 (no one could have imagined planes being used as weapons)

no one  could have seen this coming. not paulson, not rubin and of course the maestro himself.

as for the maestro i have revised my suggestion for the rest of his days on the planet.

some may recall i favored kubarking him in lieu of a bullet to the head.

well as this situation continues i am leaning towards a bastille somewhere with a bunch of relatives named bubba having liberal visiting priveliges.

i am also in favor of keeping the door ajar for future inmates .......paulson, bernanke, geithner, rubin etc and anyone of our elected officials who votes for a world currency.

i think i have made the leap from "conspiracy theorist" to raving whacked out militia of one

now where did i put my soma

Ya know what, Joe? If things keep going like they have been, you may find that your militia of one will increase exponentially! (I've been wanting to use that word in a sentence for a long time!)  Wink

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Sam,

Very good article: thanks for sharing. I sent an email to Senator Dorgan to let him know of the attention he is receiving for his 1994 article in the blog and forum world.  I'll let you know if I hear anything back!

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

ccpetersmd wrote:

Sam,

Very good article: thanks for sharing. I sent an email to Senator Dorgan to let him know of the attention he is receiving for his 1994 article in the blog and forum world.  I'll let you know if I hear anything back!

Hi Doc,

I lived in Fargo, North Dakota for 10 years (1972 - 1982) and he was our tax commissioner at that time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Dorgan). I remember he was pretty sharp back then. Life was simpler in those days. They had state income tax forms down to a science. For non-complicated tax returns, you could fill in, and mail, a simple post-card and you were done since they completely keyed off your federal return.

It bugs me no end that so much of what has happened was predicted but TPTB were just too short-sighted and greedy to pay attention. I'm not sure if you know that a shale oil project was started in Western North Dakota in the 70's after the Arab Embargo at that time. A huge plant was built, then abandoned when oil prices fell. If they had continued with development then, they would be 30+ years ahead of the game. But, that would have been the intelligent thing to do! (I tried googling for info about that time period but all I come up with is the discovery of the Bakken formation and current development plans)

I'll be interested in Senator Dorgan's response if you get one. Although, based on the kinds of responses I've gotten when I've written to my representatives, it might just be a form letter that thanks you for writing and may not even address the issue you wrote about!

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

SamLinder wrote:

I'll be interested in Senator Dorgan's response if you get one. Although, based on the kinds of responses I've gotten when I've written to my representatives, it might just be a form letter that thanks you for writing and may not even address the issue you wrote about!

Well, I don't expect much back, to be sure, but it never hurts (much) to try.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments