Promoting CC through Print

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
JTinDenver's picture
JTinDenver
Promoting CC through Print

Hi CC community.  I am new to the community and live in Denver.  I am very excited to help spread the message about what the human race can expect in the future. 

I want to promote CC on the local college campuses here in Denver.  Young people are very receptive to new ideologies and have the time and energy to create dramatic changes in social views. This is espeically evident in the latest election. 

At the same time I, believe getting people to watch a 3 hour video right off the bat, is a bit overzealous. As a result I'm looking for a 1-2 page written report that summarizes the points in CC, but at the same time is convincing enough to push the person to act by watching the URL that links to the video chapter on Bubbles (I might even buy a nice clean .com domain and use URL forwarding to direct the reader to the Bubble chapter site).  Hopefully after watching the chapter on Bubbles, they are motivated to watch the whole program.

One of the things I've found, is it is easier to change a person's perception by proving small inconsistencies before radically shifting a person's perspective.  I'm looking for a document that will plant enough doubts about the current way things are being done, that the individual will visit the site.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

JT

dps's picture
dps
Re: Promoting CC through Print

I'm in Denver too.  I'm doing similar stuff.  What campus are you on / near?  I live in Broomfield.  You can contact me at dstudin at yahoo dot com.  ... don

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Re: Promoting CC through Print

JTinDenver wrote:

Hi CC community.  I am new to the community and live in Denver.  I am very excited to help spread the message about what the human race can expect in the future. 

I want to promote CC on the local college campuses here in Denver.  Young people are very receptive to new ideologies and have the time and energy to create dramatic changes in social views. This is espeically evident in the latest election. 

At the same time I, believe getting people to watch a 3 hour video right off the bat, is a bit overzealous. As a result I'm looking for a 1-2 page written report that summarizes the points in CC, but at the same time is convincing enough to push the person to act by watching the URL that links to the video chapter on Bubbles (I might even buy a nice clean .com domain and use URL forwarding to direct the reader to the Bubble chapter site).  Hopefully after watching the chapter on Bubbles, they are motivated to watch the whole program.

One of the things I've found, is it is easier to change a person's perception by proving small inconsistencies before radically shifting a person's perspective.  I'm looking for a document that will plant enough doubts about the current way things are being done, that the individual will visit the site.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

JT

I did something similar, to this, on my campus.  I made tons of (fairly cheap) copies of movies ok'd by producers (and non-copyrighted material) and handed them out en masses as "freebies".  They loved them.

I suggest buying the CC and making copies to hand out.  Do you have a DVD burner program?

I get my DVDs for around 30 cents a piece.  I also got the school to pay for them since they came out of our Organizational Funds.  We had tons of stuff paid for by the school but you'll have to sign up as an org. to do it.  The school will also pay for your meals.  Sometimes our meals cost $400 depending on our anticipation of the number of people attending a "meeting", "filming", or etc.

I also made our own business cards with all the pertinent info. on it.  It helps reduce paper waste and etc.  You can buy the kits at an office store.

I got the DVDs through supermediastore.com.

I purchased the burner program through SlySoft (based in Ireland)-- one -time fee and they are always updating their decoders and etc.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments