GoldDrivers 2009 – Extraordinary Bullish Outlook for Gold

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kass47's picture
kass47
GoldDrivers 2009 – Extraordinary Bullish Outlook for Gold

This article does a great job of pulling information from lots of sources.  It paints a very bullish picture for gold.

http://news.goldseek.com/EricHommelberg/1230042476.php

Enjoy!

Kassidy Jones

Woodman's picture
Woodman
Re: GoldDrivers 2009 – Extraordinary Bullish Outlook for ...

I'm cautious how much bias is in these gold articles written by people in the gold business, but there seems to be support from more independent folks writing about gold also

So exactly what is the process by which the government is manipulating the gold market as noted in the articles referenced by Hommelbert?  

kass47's picture
kass47

I'm still trying to figure out the manipulation allegation also.  Not much surprises me anymore though.  Ted Butler does a pretty good job of explaining how he thinks they pull it off. 

http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1219089988.php

“So, how did the concentrated shorts pull that off? They waited until the most opportune time and threw in some relatively small, but aggressively placed sell orders. These sell orders caused the price to fall, touching off further sell orders from under-margined longs, which further caused prices to fall. The analogy I like to use is that it is similar to rolling a small snowball down a hill and watching it pick up size and momentum. As the sell orders began to snowball more and more, guess who was buying after prices dropped? Correct, the concentrated shorts.How is it possible that the commercials could buy back short positions on thousands of contracts at times of steep sell-offs, without triggering a rise in price? There is only one possible and plausible explanation - through discipline and collusion. The commercials know the price levels that tech funds and other large speculators are likely to sell at on the way down. In addition, some of those large commercials do the clearing for these speculative traders. In that position, they know the finances of the large long silver traders better than anyone. The commercials know, in advance, the sell points and vulnerability levels of the longs as well as the longs themselves. So all the commercials have to do is trigger low enough prices at illiquid times in the market to manufacture an avalanche of selling. Then they sit back with low priced buy orders and wait for the desperate sellers to come to them. “

maveri's picture
maveri

One of the people at my work showed me articles about China's gold production being actually 25% down on normal levels and that China holds vast gold reserves. In his opinion, gold will not climb to the heights some people are speculating it will.

In a pure crisis, gold becomes almost worthless - as someone put it, you can't eat gold!

I'm not sure myself - so much advise and views that's its hard to know - but that's probably my lack of understanding...

:-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments