Renaissance 2.0 - Damon Vrabel aka Strabes

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Renaissance 2.0 - Damon Vrabel aka Strabes

I think it's time to re visit some of the old discussions that took place here on CM.com back in 2008/9 and maybe early 2010.  Back then, it was very much against the rules to discuss the true nature of the world we live.  Discussing the New World Order, or One World Currency was frowned upon to the point that many got banned from the site.  And if they didn't get banned, they got frustrated because they couldn't discuss these truths without getting reprimanded, or torched by other members.  

One of those members that got frustrated, was Damon Vrabel (Strabes), who was a West Point Grad as well as Harvard Grad.  I can't remember the rank he left the military as, but needless to say:  He was one smart, trustworthy, and passionate member!  The education he supplied to the boards was priceless!

I think the last thing he did before going into hiding (because of death threats from tptb...yes, this is a true story) was come out with a series called:  Renaissance 2.0.  It's a series that goes over the true workings of tptb, and what's really taking place.  But without the CT narrative that seems to turn people off (which is exactly how tptb have programmed you to react when you hear/see CT...but that's another story).  It's truly a great piece of work!

Please take the time to watch.  If you've already watched it, watch it again.  

Renaissance 2.0 in its entirety.  

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
I would love to hear peoples thoughts...

after watching this presentation.  

Thanks!

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Logans Run, I enjoyed...

the video. I particularly liked the graphics he used at the beginning to help explain how our financial system evolved. As with any system, there are a negatives, which he focuses on, but there have been positives as well. I do think that in a country that often sends the message "say something positive, or don't say anything," it's good to have those who point out the inherent negative side to a system. He was a little too dismissive and general on some topics. For instance his quick reference to Freud, Adler, and Jung was completely off the mark. Their views on people taking pride in their work as a part of individuation has nothing to do with trying to "enjoy working for the Man."  But overall though, it's a great video to get another important perspective on our monetary system. The system does seem flawed in so many respects, and definitely not fair. The bigger question is what to do about it?

The documentary I posted a link to is a film that gives the indians side of the story of the Dakota 38 that were mass executed at Mankato, Minn. in 1862 by order of Abraham Lincoln, one of the largest, if not the largest, mass executions ordered by our government. Talk about unfair, we still haven't had a meaningful conversation about what we did the indian population in this country, and how they are still dealing with the fallout. Check it out if you get a chance. Thanks again for the video.

Phil Williams's picture
Phil Williams
Thanks

LR,

Thanks for the link. I watched the presentation in its entirety. The info is very similar to "The Creature from Jeckl Island", which was a fascinating book, although terribly long. Damon's presentation does a nice job of bringing to light the structure and concepts of the system we are forced to toil under. My dad is a West Point grad, and I've had these conversations with him about the right and left circus, and the concept of debt based money, and who ultimately has the power. He's extremely smart, much smarter than I, but the propoganda, manipulation, and frankly brainwashing that we have all been subject to since birth is really hard for people to break away from. He is no different. 

Just the other day he was telling me about how Obama has a great long term economic plan, and how he is going to get us going on alternative energy. I countered with some facts about how much the government actually spends on alternative energy, and how the economic plans are more of the same, but I could tell I was not getting through. I think it is especially hard for those that have benefitted from the system. I have to understand that my grandfather was career army, and his father, and mine. That is an awful lot of indoctrination. I notice that if I talk to less well off people, they are more open to these ideas than those that are doing "well".

I think it is freeing and extremely depressing to realize that I, and everyone you know is a slave to the system chained by the interest attached to our money. And if you say I'm not a slave, I don't have debt, that's not true because you still have to work extra hard for your dollars or bank credits as Damon would say. It is the best type of slavery for the "owners" because they don't have to house and feed us. They don't have to worry about the uprising that inevitably occur with humans in captivity. They don't have to worry about people eventually seeing the inherent immorality of slavery. This way rewards those that keep the slaves in line. Even more twisted, we worship the slave owners and those that keep us in line.

LR, I appreciate that you continually try to bring up these issues here. Many continue to call "conspiracy theory", which to me shows the power of the control that even at a place where people should be open minded there are still plenty of people still not seeing the true nature of their plight. Like CM says, don't take anyone's word for it, do your own research, come to your own conclusions, just don't dismiss it right away because it sounds "crazy".

Even though these issues can make you feel powerless, there are things you can do to exert some control over your own existence. A lot of the things that CM encourages here weakens the chains. Getting out of debt, taking "money" out of Wall St. and the banking system, shopping at local business', and becoming more self-sufficient are all things we can and should do as individuals.      

thc0655's picture
thc0655
Where's Vrabel now

I appreciated the video, LogansRun, though after 3 years of trying to educate myself it didn't strike me as "extreme" or radical as I might have thought of it back then.  I like his way of suggesting a positive road forward, albeit in broad strokes. 

Since R2.0 looks like it was produced in 2010 I was curious to see where life has taken Vrabel since then and what his views and activities are now.  I quickly found the following post from Jan '11 indicating he was quitting publishing and why.  Watching R2.0 and then reading this was VERY interesting. Some of his conclusions from 1/11 caught my eye:

1.  At this point it's impossible to bridge the gulf between the small minority who are waking up and the large majority who are "consumed by an illiterate mass culture."

2.  Putting all the blame on those at the top of the pyramid is biased and psychologically immature.  (I happen to agree because "we the people" prefer this system and don't want anyone disturbing us with unpleasant facts and realities.  "We" won't accept the kind of leadership that could get us out of the hole we've dug for ourselves.

3.  He recommends readers to Chris Hedges' Empire of Illusion and Catherin Austin Fitts.

LogansRun: what is Vrabel doing now?  I'm guessing he's trying to get as far away from this culture and the vortex as possible.  If he was a monk on a remote mountain or a subsistence farmer in some forgotten place I wouldn't be surprised.

In Conclusion…

Several people have asked why I stopped publishing. To answer the question, this will be my last post:

1. As Bill Clinton basically said when asked why his administration had been so favorable toward China after beating up Bush in the campaign about it, sometimes we don’t know what we think we know until we’ve jumped into the ring.

2. One reason I did jump into the ring was to run my own direct test to determine (a) whether change is possible, and (b) what people really want. I planned a 1-year test from the point I initially started publishing, but it took less than 9 months to conclude:

a. Change is not possible through journalism, the media, or online debates. Plus, as Chris Hedges says in Empire of Illusion, at this point it is impossible to bridge the divide between “a literate, marginalized minority and those who have been consumed by an illiterate mass culture.”

b. As I said in previous articles, IF we participate in the system, I’m not opposed to it at all. How could I be? I’d be a tyrant if I wanted to force hundreds of millions of people to change their behavior. And the fact is, that “IF” was answered long ago. We Americans have chosen the material benefits of being managed by the financial system for generations. We like demand-side freedom, i.e. choosing between Coke and Pepsi, but don’t want supply-side freedom. We like the supply-side to be taken care of for us. We love the benefits that come from it being imperially run—the credit card always works, the gas station is always open, our water faucets and light switches do what they’re supposed to do, the markets keep going up (oops…maybe not). All of our economic needs are outsourced to others, so we have the luxury of spending our time pursuing wants. And if these types of benefits are good for us, they’re good for the rest of the world. We have no moral authority to stand opposed just because we’re now going to lose our privileged position—a rather childlike perspective.

3. Given #2, my only wish is that the system would be transparent. Like Carroll Quigley, I see no rational reason not to inform people so there are fewer caught on the wrong side of the tragedy and hope dialectic. That was the purpose of my last video—to simply explain what’s happening with a slightly different twist than the others who have described the same basic system.

4. Putting all blame on the top of the system is biased and psychologically immature. Labeling a group “all bad” is an example of splitting—a primitive defense mechanism we tend to use to maintain an illusion of “all good” for ourselves, our country, our political party, etc. Some of my articles and videos intentionally played the splitting game because the media is designed to exacerbate splits, so if I wanted to pursue media work, I needed to play the game. But splitting is very harmful to society, so I will no longer do it. Moreover, as stated in #2, almost everyone contributes to the system so blaming only the top would be disingenuous.

5. Given human nature and the inherent requirement for empires to grow (or die in defeat to another empire), we will have one type of imperial system or another as long as humans are in charge. All such systems are narcissistic in form, so it’s futile in my view to argue between different forms of narcissism.

So I will not be publishing anymore, at least with the narrow focus on the financial system. It’s an illusion to think arguing about finance, economics, and markets will fix anything. But for those who want to continue learning about the system, I recommend Catherine Austin Fitts. I’ve said nothing more than her. In fact, I learned it from her—she was an insider, I was not. I borrowed the phrases “multi-generational wealth” and huge “pools of capital” at the top of the system from her. Noam Chomsky’s phrase is “coalitions of investors.” Same thing…I’ve revealed nothing new.

I also recommend Hedges’ Empire of Illusion for those who want to dig more into the spiritual and psychological dimensions of the situation in which we find ourselves. I agree with him, “The world that awaits us will be painful and difficult.” It’s useful to accept and adjust to this inevitability rather than wishing it away or being angry about it. There is no way around it because the ruleset we’ve lived within for decades was not sustainable. It depended upon exponential growth, exponential debt, exponential resource consumption, and exponential environmental impact.

As the world goes through a necessary reset of the rules, we will experience significant upheaval. I recommend Chris Martenson’s material at http://www.chrismartenson.comto understand the exponential ruleset and to dialogue with an enlightened community taking steps to minimize the upheaval for their local communities. That is the only prudent option at this point.

Jim H's picture
Jim H
And to think....

That was written two years ago by DVrabel... thanks for the research THC...   

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
I'm glad everyone is liking it!

I'll have to digest your comments when I have more time, and comment myself!  

One thing:  Damon is essentially in hiding from my understanding.  I don't know if he's communicating with anyone from these boards any longer, but he doesn't answer me at all...in any form of communication.  I think that has to do with my past more than anything, but who knows.  If anyone does have communication with him, I'd love to know how he's doing.

Same with Drkrbyluv and Machinehead.  Larry (Drkrbyluv) still posts sometimes on The Daily Paul, but that's all I've heard from him.  He and Machinehead (amongst others) were some of the smartest persons I've ever come across.  Great educators!

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
Nice follow-up

Thc,

Thank you for the follow-up post of his thoughts. This is just as insightful as the video. I'd like to comment on each of his points:

1. I don't think it is impossible to connect to a larger audience. I think I hear his frustration in that there is so much information out there, it can paralyze an individual in deciding what to believe. Is it that his voice isn't being heard at all, or he is feeling it is being lost among the millions of other voices trying to do the same?

2. A more mature way of looking at the issue, but having hope is still important.

3. Good recommendations!

Conclusions:

1. Funny... sounds like Bill Clinton.

2. I think these are important revelations. I would disagree that change doesn't happen through the mechanisms of the media.  Chris Hedges has heard because of these mechanisms.  Awhile ago I began to see all my choices in regard to the system as being analogous to Coke and Pepsi, whether it be political or financial. As the polarized left and right continued to shout at each other, both began to look more and more alike. Deep down though I think we all (at least those who aren't sociopathic) are striving for the same thing, which is important to acknowledge.

3. This is really important IMHO. Transparency is what is lacking, in so many areas of life but especially in the financial sector. There is no reason for financial instruments to be so obscure. For example, the nature and language used in the derivatives market is one of obfuscation.

4. Same as above (2). We all are ultimately responsible for the abstraction (system) we've created.

5. This one seems a little too much on the side of defeatism. Even Buddhist monks would probably agree. I think it is more a question of balance. Taking any ideology to its extreme leads to, well... an extreme. It may appear as narcassism, but there is the will to live and survive within a community and the natural world, that doesn't seem narcassistic, but rather an affirmation of life.

He may have felt that C. Hedges and C. Austin Fitts were saying better than he, but I would guess we'll hear more from him in the future as his ideas evolve. I hope so.

Denny Johnson's picture
Denny Johnson
Thanks

Thanks LR and thanks to those who commented.

Wouldn't have bothered to watch it w/o the positive comments.

Wish he were still posting here.

marjham's picture
marjham
Damon Vrabel is missed...

I didn't "discover" DV's materials until he after he had gone to ground, and have often wished that this articulate, insightful voice had not been so abruptly silenced.  The (hopefully) growing ranks of us poor schmucks who aim to "wake up" need all the help we can get!  

strabes's picture
strabes
cute

cute...the world of internet forums and narrative creation.  lots of exclamation points in this thread.  :)

had no idea I was in hiding.  a few people from this site who have stayed in touch (wait...how'd they find me?) let me know about this thread.  they enjoyed it.  

ao's picture
ao
hey stranger

strabes wrote:

cute...the world of internet forums and narrative creation.  lots of exclamation points in this thread.  :)

had no idea I was in hiding.  a few people from this site who have stayed in touch (wait...how'd they find me?) let me know about this thread.  they enjoyed it.  

They have their ways (even though sometimes it's a little creepy).

Let me be the first to welcome you back.  What's new? 

marjham's picture
marjham
Hilarious

Hilarious.  A little pathetic maybe...but still funny.

strabes's picture
strabes
-

I'm not back.  as mentioned in my previous post, internet forums are cute, at best.  people who refrain from dwelling in the cuteness are hardly "in hiding."

I just dropped in to say hi to quash the intimations that I'm a ghost.  anybody can contact me.  my profile is on facebook.  and same ole email address--strabes23@gmail.com.   whether I respond or not depends.

fionnbharr's picture
fionnbharr
Edit

Edit

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
Damon, I'm glad you're back.

Damon,

I'm glad you're back.  

It was my understanding that you had gone underground.  If that's not the case, I apologize.  Last I'd heard from you, it was in regards to some happenings in the Sacramento area, in which I tried to keep in contact, to no avail.  

Sorry if you and some that you've decided to keep in contact with, found it amusing or were perturbed by the discussion.  Not my intention....hope you understand.

Again, I'm glad you came back...even if it's a couple of posts.

strabes wrote:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments