Our Economy = Carnival Cruise from Hell

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mobius's picture
mobius
Our Economy = Carnival Cruise from Hell

I know it's from Fox, but I found this story parallels our current economy's dilema:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/14/stranded-carnival-cruise-expected-to-dock-in-alabama-after-four-days-with/

Ahoy,

J.

gillbilly's picture
gillbilly
So it's not the Titanic

It's Carnival. Our analogy has been wrong all this time.The Ship's name is the Triumph. Maybe rename it the Prediction, or the Future. Here are some of the quotes that seem most analogous:

Gulliksen said the Triumph's recent mechanical woes involved an electrical problem with the ship's alternator on the previous voyage. Repairs were completed Feb. 2, and the problem was not related to the fire, he said.

The company disputed the accounts of passengers who described the ship as filthy, saying employees were doing everything to ensure people were comfortable.

"Today they cleaned the ship, they're serving better food, covering up basically, but at least they're making it more bearable,"

"I want a hot shower and a daggum Whataburger,"

"We think they don't want media there"

For 24-year-old Brittany Ferguson of Texas, not knowing how long passengers had to endure their time aboard was the worst part.

Passengers were supposed to get a full refund and discounts on future cruises

A quote from a friend of mine I still remember... "A cruise ship is just a mini floating America"

mobius's picture
mobius
Just as long as...

...Washington is manning the bar, it's all good.

Isaac-Washington.jpg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments