Political correctness, education, liberation, logic, victim mentality, etc.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ao's picture
ao
Political correctness, education, liberation, logic, victim mentality, etc.

This is a speech by Ben Carson, MD, a world famous pediatric brain surgeon on issues affecting all of us.  He is the quintessential example of how an individual can rise above adversity and disadvantage through the love, care, and belief of just one person.  My apologies to those who might be offended for the content not being purely secular but I think those of any belief can benefit from the message.

And some commentaries on the speech relating to "the logic party", the victim mentality, etc.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2154473388001/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/08/hannity_interviews_dr_ben_carson_about_national_prayer_breakfast_speech.html

I read his first book, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, about 20 years ago and it was inspirational and transforming.

fionnbharr's picture
fionnbharr
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story

ao,

what a wonderful man!

I've ordered his book - Gifted Hands - through Amazon, and have been fortunate in finding the 2009 film with the same name on You Tube:

Thank you for sharing,

Finn

Nervous Nelly's picture
Nervous Nelly
Politically Correct

My son sent me this video! Absolutely inspiring. Carson's right ,everybody"s triyng to be PC and that digs us in a bigger hole,  resolving nothing. 

Nate's picture
Nate
outstanding

ao wrote:

My apologies to those who might be offended for the content not being purely secular but I think those of any belief can benefit from the message.

So tell me again why you are apologizing?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments